Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Torhans Aero 30 v Profile Design FC35 - Argon E119
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a new hydration system. I have the speedfil BTA for the last few years and since I got an Argon I find I need to keep my arms/hands wide up top on the TT bars due to the refill part of the bottle up front. I usually like to close my hands when riding for comfort. HAs anyone got any recommendations for the Argon E119 or any pros and cons for the ones above?
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 v Profile Design FC35 - Argon E119 [keepdrilling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the Profile Design FC35 and ended up switching to the X-lab Torpedo Versa on my e119+. My major dislike of the FC35 was the Garmin Mount out front. Using the rubber bands to mount the Garmin to the round tube caused my Garmin to angle forward when I hit rough road. I tried to epoxy the Garmin mount to the round mounting tube, but it eventually broke loose and my Garmin would angle forward. I like the Garmin mount on the X-lab torpedo better as it holds the Garmin in position. No complains on the bottle of the FC35, but the small nutrition box behind the FC35 was pointless. Even with the rubber bands back there, nothing would stay in that box. Everything ended up bouncing out eventually. If you ride on smoother roads, these may not be problems for you, but in Texas, it didn't work for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 v Profile Design FC35 - Argon E119 [Rdracer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a photo of your set-up?
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 v Profile Design FC35 - Argon E119 [bjgwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bike is still packed in the box from IM NZ. As soon as I put it back together later this week, I’ll post a pic
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 v Profile Design FC35 - Argon E119 [bjgwoody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is my current setup. I don't have the cap on the BTA bottle as I take it off to let any remaining moisture evaporate after a race.

EDIT: sorry for the multiple posts, but I couldn't get the interface to attach the pics.
Last edited by: Rdracer99: Mar 22, 19 8:39
Quote Reply
Re: Torhans Aero 30 v Profile Design FC35 - Argon E119 [keepdrilling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big fan of the FC35 for Capacity reasons...but their mount spot is pretty forward. And the box on the back is pretty worthless.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply