Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mark Allen & Food Memories...check the equipment out...
Quote | Reply
Anyone remember this cereal HERE I see the Bell "Darth Vader" helmet (in white) Mark is using (forget the model name but I had one in black). Looks to be glimpse of Tinley and maybe Molina? Just was talking with someone regarding a new sponsor for Team Jelly Belly cycling team & thought Kellogg's would be a cool sponsor for them--like they did with Mark Allen.
Quote Reply
Re: Mark Allen & Food Memories...check the equipment out... [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya I remember that commercial, I was in the final 4 to have gotten it. Of course now it makes sense that Mark got it, but you have to remember when this was being made, Mark was years away from winning his first Kona and was fairly new on the scene. He had of course won Nice a few times by then and a lot of other events, but this was not a slam dunk by any means.

I had heard through the grapevine that he got the commercial because they liked the way the milk fell off his spoon or lips, or something to that affect. It probably paid more than all his previous years as a pro too, commercials were cash cows back then. I had a Ford gig that ran for 4 years, best 20 minutes of earning I ever had, like Gates or Buffett!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Mark Allen & Food Memories...check the equipment out... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commercial whispers..."Pro Grain"
LMAO
Quote Reply
Re: Mark Allen & Food Memories...check the equipment out... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to buy that cereal, not because it was Mark Allen, but because it tasted good. At least I liked it. Not sure how good it was for me nutritionally, but makes me wonder if Mark actually ate the stuff himself regularly?
Quote Reply
Re: Mark Allen & Food Memories...check the equipment out... [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say with a high confidence level, that Mark at that cereal when he had to... (-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SO that may have in fact, been his ONLY time eating it--during filming. He's on this forum once in a while, maybe he'll pop in & answer. At his level, it seems like his diet wouldn't include something in a box that may have been made months ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is that Rick Wells on the bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
. I had heard through the grapevine that he got the commercial because they liked the way the milk fell off his spoon or lips, or something to that affect.

The grimace on his face while running 20 seconds into the commercial was Gripping. I think that's why he got the role.

Thanks for posting Rocky! I remember comments that the Pro Grain cereal had one of the highest sugar contents of cereals being sold at that time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the early days the pro’s would take promoters money for anything. They were hungry and I bet Mark ate the serial. I think a few of the pros today can actually choose products that they really like, but most are happy to support just about anything.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply