Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Where to Stay for IMAZ?
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I'm training for my first 140.6 at IMAZ this fall. I'll be driving out from Los Angeles on Thursday evening and the rest of the family (spouse, 3 teenagers) will come out on Saturday. It's going to be a long day for me and I was thinking it'd be nice to rent a place close to the course so the family has a place to hang out, take a break, etc. during that long day. There are a bunch of Airbnb apartments just east of the Mill Ave. bridge on Rio Salado. Any thoughts on whether those are close enough for spectators to use as a base? Or other suggestions?

Adam
Quote Reply
Re: Where to Stay for IMAZ? [ajstiles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that location would be very close to everything associated with the race and your crew would have no problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am doing the race also. We live 30 minutes from Tempe and I am always a bachelor that weekend. You and family can stay at our house as long as everyone is quiet:) 25 yard pool in our development. PM me if interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to Stay for IMAZ? [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a generous offer! Lemme chat with the fam and get back to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, we stayed there last year, it was perfect. We walked back and forth for check in, etc. There are plenty of walkable restaurants/bars near as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ajstiles wrote:
There are a bunch of Airbnb apartments just east of the Mill Ave. bridge on Rio Salado. Any thoughts on whether those are close enough for spectators to use as a base?

Really can't get any closer than that. There are hotels close by too, but that location is key. Will help with morning of and post race logistics too.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply