Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not Triathlon, but the RFU tests what we call "age groupers" but just amateur players seemingly more often than the professionals...or that's the appearance. But the results from the "grassroots" drug testing protocol show a pretty high usage of PEDs...at like the National 2 (4 Division) and National 3 (5th Division) level.

Which goes to show...if there is a trophy, someone will always cheat.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
synthetic wrote:
In addition, if we are going to forgo serving time and straight to lifetime bans, then Lionel Sanders would have to be lifetime banned for his previous history of hard recreational drug use. Who knows if the drugs desensitized his pain receptors allowing him to do what he does now

this is dumb on quite a few levels.

No.. I think it's valid. Suppose a former bodybuilder who stopped PED usage 2 years ago entered triathlon. Would he be banned?
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Suppose a former bodybuilder who stopped PED usage 2 years ago entered triathlon. Would he be banned?

No

You are conflating contexts..
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
boilerup wrote:
M----n wrote:
A large percentage of age groupers.

Define "a large percentage"... I am curious, I think its actually a small percentage of people that actually suck enough to cheat.

it's not like you need to guess at it - there's actually some peer-reviewed research on this. here's one example from amateur tri:

http://journals.plos.org/...journal.pone.0155765

That's a very interesting article, thanks for sharing!
I keep asking myself if the rates of doping in amateur triathlon would be higher or lower than in other endurance sports, given that our sport is known in the athletic world as the best place to find endurance junkies and people who are definitely addicted to exercise. Do you guys think that this behaviour translates into more doping?
Last edited by: RafaelMB: Aug 21, 18 17:27
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [RafaelMB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
okay, just throwing this out there.... I could be wrong in my memory, but I seem to recall that Nina Kraft had her Kona victory taken away and she was banned for 2 or maybe it was 4 years. If I recall, I think it was around 2004

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taugen wrote:
okay, just throwing this out there.... I could be wrong in my memory, but I seem to recall that Nina Kraft had her Kona victory taken away and she was banned for 2 or maybe it was 4 years. If I recall, I think it was around 2004

Yep, that sounds about right.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply

Prev Next