Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

In LA for a few days in sept and oct... road riding advice please!
Quote | Reply
In LA 29 sept to 7 oct. Bringing my road bike -where do I ride? Are there any regular groups etc? Staying in West Hollywood.
Quote Reply
Re: In LA for a few days in sept and oct... road riding advice please! [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:
In LA 29 sept to 7 oct. Bringing my road bike -where do I ride? Are there any regular groups etc? Staying in West Hollywood.
In Pasadena every Tuesday and Thursday there is the Rose Bowl peloton ride (10 laps at 3.1 miles/lap). Start at 5:55pm, average speed 26~27mph.

Saturday Montrose ride: 40 mile hot pace ride heading east to Glendora and then back towards Sierra Madre. The weekly Saturday morning world championship. Peloton with constant attacks and breakaway attempts. 8:00 start in South Pasadena (for more tempo / less aggressive version) and 8:30 start (same place) for the race-style version.
Quote Reply
Re: In LA for a few days in sept and oct... road riding advice please! [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you can go a bit North and ride in Malibu/Calabasas there's some amazing riding. Look up Phil Gaimon on Strava.. he rides a ton there so you'll get some good routes. PCH is a relatively easy way to go North and South but it can be a bit sketchy at times with narrow shoulders and cars ripping by. But if you can find your way to the canyons north of LA it's really amazing riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll probably get blasted for this, but leave the bike at home. In just the 3 years I've been here, the biking along the PCH has just gotten worse. There are some stretches where it's alright, but overall it's just increasingly dangerous. I've even had a brush my leg with the curb indicator things. If there were no cars and idiot drivers, the PCH is absolutely beautiful, but it's reaching a fever pitch and it's just not worth it at this point.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of great riding in LA.
I just the LA TriClubs Westside ride. We ride in the canyons above Malibu and up the coast on PCH.
We ride Saturdays from Santa Monica meeting around 730 and 740 we leave.

On the East Side of town the San Gabriel Mts. are as legit as they come. Angeles Crest, GMR and Mt. Baldy are excellent routes to ride.

PM if I can answer most question you might have.

Pete

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: In LA for a few days in sept and oct... road riding advice please! [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Calabasas, I can definitely give you route/ride tips for riding out this way if you'd like, just PM me.

As far as a ride in close proximity to where you will be staying is the Sunday morning La Grange, Nichols Canyon ride.

https://www.lagrange.org/nichols

Starts in Westwood, goes into WeHo, up to Mulholland and drops back down Sepulveda to Peets Coffee in Brentwood. Usually a big group, often frequented by pros.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you all!
Quote Reply