Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

One race, 2 new hero(ine)s
Quote | Reply
I spent far too much time watching IMMT yesterday, and reading ST between official IM posts.

Lionel Sanders received a ton of attention as he should. I really liked the pre-race question and answer along with his golfing tutorial. That has its own threads that should continue to be interesting.

However, I'm super impressed with Cody Beals. What a testament to steady, controlled training over years. Yet another engineer type who has mastered the art of training. It is great that he shares so much on his website. For example, his 3rd place effort at 2017 IMMT 70.3 showed an average wattage of 309 c/w his NP of 317 reflects absolutely ridiculous steadiness on the machine.

Valerie Belanger. I'd never heard of her, but looked her up after seeing the 5th place. I probably missed the English versions on Google, but I found a French article. If my French is remotely useful, as the fifth place pro at IMMT, she has been training as both a Mother and as a medical resident.

So I'm posting today with two separate questions:

1) Is the 309 average : 317 NP on such a hilly course just business as normal for the pros, or is it as impressive as I think it is on a course with roughly 6000' elevation change?

2) More importantly, are there other really, really impressive pros still racing with 2 intense full time jobs?
Quote Reply