Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TT Bike Build: P3-SL / 1x [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
Yeah, I don't like the PD bag. Haven't decided on something better yet. I like the idea of a hard sided type... The soft side PD doesn't really seem to hold its shape and drops off to one side.

Very nice set up, but if you want an aero bento that would live up to the quality of your build, please take a look at our packs (in your case, the Speedpack 480 or 483 would likely be best). All of our packs hold their shape perfectly in most all conditions. If it helps, here is a photo of a SP 480 on a similar TT bike, and lots more photos of all of our US-made Speedpacks are avail here.

Greg @ dsw

I have a DSW top tube pack and on that bike the only issue is it has a round top tube. The rear brake cable pushes it off to the right where it enters that tube.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Bike Build: P3-SL / 1x [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
I have a DSW top tube pack and on that bike the only issue is it has a round top tube. The rear brake cable pushes it off to the right where it enters that tube.

Yes, sometimes if the rear brake cable goes right under the strap of the Speedpack 480, it can push on the pack a bit.

However, since the introduction of the SP 480, we have developed the newer and more advanced Speedpack 483 which uses a completely different ZeroSlip strap system. Not only does the 483 not have to be connected to your steerer tube, it can mount ANYwhere on your top tube, and it will have ZERO slipping or sliding. Maybe give that one a try?

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: TT Bike Build: P3-SL / 1x [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:

I currently have the same problem with the PD bag. Because of this, AND the bulging shape of the PD bag (its just a bag with no "walls") it rubs my right knee when come over the top if I keep them in tight.

Since you already have the bag, do you think it would be possible to relieve some of the wall material on the DSW where the bag and the cable interfere?
Quote Reply
Re: TT Bike Build: P3-SL / 1x [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for a long time so I don't know what model it is but yes.

What I did was trim the plastic liner that gives the pack it's shape. I marked it where the cable enters the frame and then cut it out to relieve the pressure pushing it sideways. It made the problem 90% better.

As Greg mentioned, maybe a newer model works better right out of the box.
Quote Reply
Re: TT Bike Build: P3-SL / 1x [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is the chainring the only 1x specific item you have? Have you had any problems with that setup?
Quote Reply
Re: TT Bike Build: P3-SL / 1x [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
The bottom bracket works fine. I mean, you know, it's a bottom bracket... Not much to say. It screws in, the cranks fit, it spins.

I assume Andy's referring to the selection of a 107mm BB, which is reasonably narrow and possibly more aero as a result (Obree famously chased this very hard). Maybe you didn't give it much thought.

I guess it just mostly depends on the tradeoffs between aero, biomechanical comfort and optimised chainline.

The only way Obree could realize the narrow BB gains was by riding bikes without a top tube. Watch videos. Look how far inboard his knees are.

Any modern top tubed bike you'll hit the top tube with your knees trying.

I'm guessing the downtube and head tube on his bikes cut the air around his wildly inward legs with no top tube. Thus saving aero.

Just having a narrower BB won't really get it to the Obree level.

Video: Go to 6:47, you can't do that with a top tubed bike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ9H0INZ2_s&t=715s
Quote Reply
Re: TT Bike Build: P3-SL / 1x [dhoose] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dhoose wrote:
So is the chainring the only 1x specific item you have? Have you had any problems with that setup?

The WiFli RD is also designed for 1x applications. It will allow for a 36T rear cog, but currently I'm only running a 32T in back. 50x32T as my low gear has been fine living in the flatlands. If I still lived in Colorado, I'd probably go with the 36T.

I have dropped the chain exactly once. I think I shifted multiple gears while under load coming out of a corner.
Quote Reply

Prev Next