Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sram aero brake levers
Quote | Reply
I am deciding on the 990 vs 900 and it seems the difference is the 990 can adjust the brake caliper. I run Omega X brakes, so is this a wash for me? Also, with either of them, is it possible to tighten the lever without removing the brake cable if it gets loose? I travel a lot and I like to loosen up the brake levers and push them inwards.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram aero brake levers [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not a fan of any of the SRAM levers with the TriRig brakes. The Shimano levers work much better with those brakes for me.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m also not a fan of the SRAM levers. Shimano levers have a meaty return spring which, for whatever reason, seems to function better with all brakes. The Bontrager XXX brakes have a built in barrel adjuster as well and are very very nice even if they are a bit pricey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I will echo the other commenters here. We like the Shimano levers a lot better, which is why we stock Shimano levers on the full build of our otherwise SRAM-equipped Omni bikes. They’re our recommended lever for any Omega X install.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sram aero brake levers [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

I am no as familiar with Shimano. I'm running eTap, but the Shimano brake levers have buttons installed for shifting, correct? Would those buttons just do nothing and I'll run the blips on the inside of the sides like normal?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...mp;utm_content=mkwid|sRe2JDwYW_dm|pcrid|253659801802|pkw||pmt||prd|396229US
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 990 TT brake levers. They have held up fine for me, but I will say that blazing down the side of a mountain I do not feel 100% confident they won't break. But they haven't--it just feels that way to me. Next time, it'll be Di2 levers.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram aero brake levers [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would you use a Di2 lever?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You don't need a Di2 lever. There are standard mechanical levers without any buttons or wires. These are the BL-TT79 (carbon version) and BL-TT78 (alloy version).

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sram aero brake levers [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Why would you use a Di2 lever?

I was thinking of the Di2 ST-9071 TT Control levers. If this is a TT bike, and I don't see anything to speak otherwise that it isn't, for levers I'd use those instead of the SRAM 990. Although I do use regular Red calipers, not TriRig or Omni--so not sure what is required. I was responding about Sram aero brake levers in general...can't say I would choose them again if I did it all over again.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram aero brake levers [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duh! Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Sram aero brake levers [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I was thinking of the Di2 ST-9071 TT Control levers. If this is a TT bike, and I don't see anything to speak otherwise that it isn't, for levers I'd use those instead of the SRAM 990."

You don't need a Di2 brake lever. You can use the BL-TT79 brake levers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
I am deciding on the 990 vs 900 and it seems the difference is the 990 can adjust the brake caliper. I run Omega X brakes, so is this a wash for me? Also, with either of them, is it possible to tighten the lever without removing the brake cable if it gets loose? I travel a lot and I like to loosen up the brake levers and push them inwards.

I have the 990s. I built up my bike with traveling ease a top priority and with the 990s you can swing the lever in without loosening the attachment to the basebar. Total home run for traveling.
Last edited by: Xing triathlete: Aug 21, 18 3:39
Quote Reply