Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Dev,

I thought this was a thread about Cody's great performance - why so much going on and on about Lionel?

Because..

Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I guess my question was directed more at synthetic and not you, as he said that he was sure that T and Fe levels are shot. Why? What is the indicator of that?

Vegan iron sources are less bioavailable than meat . Low T is easy to achieve when under weight, hormones are made from fat. His poor performance is an indicator
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
His poor performance that he explained.

While what you say about veganism is generally true, that in no way means that Sanders is actually T or Fe deficient.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
His poor performance that he explained.

While what you say about veganism is generally true, that in no way means that Sanders is actually T or Fe deficient.

Well.. hopefully he reads this and posts some before/after blood tests? I know mut runner sage canaday will openly do that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Dev,

I thought this was a thread about Cody's great performance - why so much going on and on about Lionel?

LOL....on race day a LIonel/Race day thread was started. We were all surprised when he got smacked on the bike by Cody.

• Then he starts running is gaining 20 seconds per km. ST Hero Lionel was was going to jog to a win
  • Until he wasn't. Just into lap 2 on the hills out of town he first takes a porta potty break and starts walking.
  • Then he starts shuffling and can't pass age groupers on loop 1.
  • At this point I came to the realization that Rookie boy Cody was the real deal.
  • He ran the first half in 1:21 and if you look back in this thread, I said if he fades 10 minutes he still runs 2:59.
  • At this point, I did a calculation and realized there was minimal fade happening.
  • Minimally Cody was going to be very close to TJ's course record in the mid 8:1x
  • Then I started getting excited when I realized that if he could run a 45 min final 10K he could break 8:10
  • At this point I changed the thread title as it was clear who was owning this race and it WAS NOT LIONEL

So much like Ashley Horner threads, we on ST are more interested in what did not work than what worked, so we're discussing Lionel rather than Cody's win.

We just need Cody to get on here and start his "Ask Me Anything about IM Tremblant Thread"
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • At this point I came to the realization that Rookie boy Cody was the real deal.

Actually Dev, Cody has been the "Real Deal" for some time! :-)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Actually Dev, Cody has been the "Real Deal" for some time! :-)

Steve, what I am trying to say is neither you, nor Cody, nor Lionel nor anyone knew if Cody was the real deal over the IM distance until he delivered on Sunday. Yes, you see him at Multi Sport Canada races from time to time, so he get exposed to him, but you still don't know if he can scale to IM until he does it.

We all knew he was good at half IM, but he's actually not "that good" relative to the best at 70.3 (he's not yet in the Gomez-Frodo-Kienle-Kanute category). Ask Cody where his best half IM fits in the pecking order of good half IM racers.

This 8:10 is is actually much higher in the global IM pecking order. That's what i mean by real deal. That 8:10 at Tremblant is like a sub 7:50 at Arizona for example. It is likely an 8:0x even at Kona assuming he can handle the heat (and he has shown he can over half IM, we just don't know how he scales in heat at IM).

I don't think a fully "ON" Lionel or Sebi or Frodo or Lange would have easily beaten Cody on Sunday. They would have their hands full.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
We just need Cody to get on here and start his "Ask Me Anything about IM Tremblant Thread"

Ask, and ye shall receive:

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...D_P6712846/#p6712841

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You really think pro athletes dont 'supplement things' to keep certain levels from getting too low? I dont and neither do any of the pro coaches/team doctors Ive talked with the last 20 years do either. Just ask Salazar.

You really think people putting in all that time and money would not take something their doctor will legally prescribe so they can stay healthy?

Look how many testosterone prescriptions are sold every day in the USA to meat eaters lol.

There is no carbon isotope ratio testosterone as the initial test testing going on in ANY sport today so as long as you keep your levels under the radar you are fine. Just take a saline bag if you think your levels are a bit high. Keep the epitestosterone levels under 4:1 or 8:1 ratio depending on what sport you are doing and what their limits are. Normal adult man is about 1:1.....

Now go ride at 300w and see how long you can hold it for xD

My youtube channel, facebook fan page and strava data.
http://www.youtube.com/...nriders?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/...ian...97363716986830
http://app.strava.com/athletes/254600
Quote Reply
Re: IM Tremblant/Lionel Race Day Thread [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly.

Nutrition is a no brainer. Just eat 10g of carbs per kg of bodyweight each day and take in about 100g of refined sugars ideally sucrose as it is the perfect 50/50 blend of glucose and fructose which helps with instant AND slower release.

Drink enough water so peeing clear every 2-3 hours.

Keep oil intake very very minimal or non at all to increase insulin sensitivity as better insulin sensitivity creates better endurance and keeps the athlete lighter.

Works for me on my 24 hour solo no stim rides.

My youtube channel, facebook fan page and strava data.
http://www.youtube.com/...nriders?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/...ian...97363716986830
http://app.strava.com/athletes/254600
Quote Reply

Prev Next