Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed Concept Bottle Location on Frame
Quote | Reply
I looked through the search tool and couldn't find what I was looking for, despite knowing the info is somewhere other.

I have a gen 2 SC with a BTA and BTS for bottle locations. As I will be doing IMCHOO next month I was looking to add a third bottle to my bike. I was wondering where on the frame is going to be my lowest aero penalty?

I have regular 21oz round bottles but also have an old Specialized Venge aero bottle I could use as well. not sure it really makes that much of a difference though.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Bottle Location on Frame [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Tim O route and 2 bottles BTA. If not that 2 bottles behind your seat. If not that then a aero bottle on your seat tube. Try to keep bottle out of the triangle for optimum aero dynamics. However calories are more important. I run a xlab aero bottle on seat tube and take the penalty.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Bottle Location on Frame [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same bike and use a BTA, BTS, and then have an xlab aero bottle on the downtube. Works for me and I see very little aero penalty there.

Quote | Reply
Same. Aero bottle on the downtube. I believe low on the seattube is slightly better but I've dropped the bottle trying to put it back in the cage, so switching to the downtube solved that problem. My bottle was the Crono.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Bottle Location on Frame [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
Go Tim O route and 2 bottles BTA. If not that 2 bottles behind your seat. If not that then a aero bottle on your seat tube. Try to keep bottle out of the triangle for optimum aero dynamics. However calories are more important. I run a xlab aero bottle on seat tube and take the penalty.

HMMMM now to figure out how I can get my Garmin and 2bottle BTA to work or 2 cage BTS.

If not I can't imagine the penalty is that much for the Xlab on the seat tube.

Thank you very much!
Quote Reply