Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gallup: Approval of Congress at 17%
Quote | Reply
Seems about right to me. Gallup polling asked "Do you approve or disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job?"

Of the 1,024 adults polled, only 17% approved of Congress' job performance. Sorted by political identification, only 28% of Republicans approved of the job Congress has been doing while a whopping 7% of Democrats thought the same of the august body.

In trying to put lipstick on a pig, the polling organization noted that the legislature's approval "has been relatively stable since January" and that it has been "fluctuating between 15% and 20% during that time." I guess you have to find your silver lining no matter where it might be, right? (Fine, fine... I know I mixed my metaphors. So sue me. ;-)

Just a note: the vast majority of members of Congress will be reelected this coming November. So while your member of Congress may suck, at least in my opinion, I'm pretty sure mine is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Ummmm...

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Gallup: Approval of Congress at 17% [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And we continue to reelect them at about 90%.

We deserve what we get.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tweet from Trump bragging that he's twice as popular as Congress in 3... 2... 1...

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Gallup: Approval of Congress at 17% [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Tweet from Trump bragging that he's twice as popular as Congress in 3... 2... 1...

Hahahahahahahaha! Yeah, I imagine a tweet storm in on the horizon. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I call fake news.

There's no way 17% of the public approve of Congress...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have come to believe that this poll question is meaningless and even fraudulent. when you ask people how they feel about their own congressman, that's the true measure of how people feel about congress. if you take that question x 435, that's the true approval rating.

this is just a bad poll question. it measures nothing. well, it measures something: it measures what we all feel about someone else's congressman. by continuing to regularly trot this poll out it propagandizes the distrust and disdain for elected officials.

i wonder how this pollster would feel about a poll polling pollsters.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Gallup: Approval of Congress at 17% [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i have come to believe that this poll question is meaningless and even fraudulent. when you ask people how they feel about their own congressman, that's the true measure of how people feel about congress. if you take that question x 435, that's the true approval rating.

this is just a bad poll question. it measures nothing. well, it measures something: it measures what we all feel about someone else's congressman. by continuing to regularly trot this poll out it propagandizes the distrust and disdain for elected officials.

i wonder how this pollster would feel about a poll polling pollsters.

They suck in CT where I live. NY is no better where I spent a fair amount of time.
Quote Reply
Re: Gallup: Approval of Congress at 17% [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:

Polls are fake and flawed. Except for when they aren’t.

It’s arbitrary, sure, but so are facts these days.

MAGA!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i think in places where they are on offense both sides will do more to make this a national issue and dilute down the effect of individual local congressmen more than previous elections. i definitely think of our moderate congressman as being an enabler for the crazy people in his party even though on those charts of voting record he is near the middle from both parties, and makes a big deal of being bipartisan. Still a vote for him is a vote that enables the crazies to abuse power.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Must be relatives or relatives of their staff and folks who don't know what approval means.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

this is just a bad poll question. it measures nothing.

And you know a thing or two about bad poll questions! (intended lightheartedly)
Quote Reply