Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Little Things You'd Pay Large Sums of Money For [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
Helliquin wrote:
To not get Runners Stomach ever again.

Would sacrifice first born child.

BUT that is the fun part! Especially in a race when you start hauling and you get that dreaded thought of "ok I might be pushing it too much and if I am then Im gonna have to sh*t real quick"

It is like shooting craps. You just never know!

Hahahaha, right? Without it, we would be deprived of content to post in one of the best threads this forum has ever produced.
Quote Reply
Re: Little Things You'd Pay Large Sums of Money For [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

(have you tried the soap thing with goggles - then rinsing them before a swim?)

I'm a 5-day-a-week swimmer most of the year. All I do to keep fog free is a quick squirt of whatever soap is in the shower or at the sink in the locker room, and and a quick, light rinse. The trick is not to over-rinse.

I just put a very small amount of pool water in each goggle such that when i shake my head a bit, the fog gets washed off. The volume of water is not enough to get in my eyes but enough to wash off the fog. Very simple and quick way to eliminate fog. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Little Things You'd Pay Large Sums of Money For [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:
"Little Things You'd Pay Large Sums of Money For"

Diamonds.

Quote Reply
Re: Little Things You'd Pay Large Sums of Money For [rudygt88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rudygt88 wrote:
i notice triathletes and swimmers take terrible care of their goggles. Treat them with respect(put them back in the box after each use) extends the life and keeps them almost new looking.(easier said than done i know)

a pair of Swedish goggles can go along way...if you can handle the first week of pain around your eye socket. also Swedish goggles are made so you can look at the wall without having to lift your head up

Sheet, a person taking their goggles out of their little box is one of the surest signs of a frigging novice swimmer; zero, abso zero, experienced swimmers do this but rather just carry their goggles by their strap in their hand. Further, they don't wear these huge half face goggles but rather wear Swedes or similar. I've been using the same pair of Swedes for about 11 yrs and roughly 16 million yds now. Just put on my third bungee strap so $5 for the goggles originally plus 3 x $5 for bungee straps = $20 over 11 yrs for my goggles; last strap lasted 4.5 yrs so really it will be $20 in 16-17 yrs.

Of course, no matter your goggles, by your stroke shall ye be judged. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Little Things You'd Pay Large Sums of Money For [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never having to take an emergency shit during a run, which only happens when I reach the furthest possible point from home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is a saddle too big? Would give a lot to find one I could put on, adjust a little, and not think about for a LONG time. Almost everything feels better at a fitting until you put a few actual hours on it. Trial and error is expensive and time consuming.

Otherwise, a pair of carbon brake pads and bar wrap that don't have to be replaced every six months.

Great things never come from comfort zones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something zero calories that would cure my constant hunger.
Quote Reply
Re: Little Things You'd Pay Large Sums of Money For [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
Something zero calories that would cure my constant hunger.
Apples.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Coffee that makes ALL your poop come out.....Not just half your poop.

So you go in to that run, knowing you don't have to run back home after 15 minutes, to finish off what you thought you already did.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A saddle for TT/Tri that doesn't run me wrong or hurt. I've tried so many seats and they just don't work.

Peace of mind and KNOWING that I won't get hit on my ride that day.

Never getting a flat and riding with smooth tires. I currently ride stiff as crap bontrager hard case tires and they are amazing. just wish I didn't have so much resistance.
Quote Reply
Re: Little Things You'd Pay Large Sums of Money For [sambadhillon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sambadhillon wrote:

So you go in to that run, knowing you don't have to run back home after 15 minutes, to finish off what you thought you already did.
add some MCT oil to your coffee ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Little Things You'd Pay Large Sums of Money For [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To have cars leave me the duck alone.
Quote Reply
Re: Little Things You'd Pay Large Sums of Money For [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tfleeger wrote:
sambadhillon wrote:

add some MCT oil to your coffee ;)

15 mins? Mine always hits be at the 38-42 min point of my runs.

haha....we get the runs when we runs.

But really, I would pay a lot of money for Lucy Charles as my personal trainer.
Quote Reply

Prev Next