Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Needing help in Houston, TX
Quote | Reply
I've been in Houston since Monday morning. Hotel bar restaurant on Monday evening. Houston Astros game on Tuesday. Uber'ed it to Chipotle last night. I'm struggling for where to go tonight.

Here's the problem: the business is frugal and cheap right now, and I don't have a rental car. We are staying at the Double Tree near IAH. I don't mind Uber'ing all over the place, but when it was like last night -- when I arrive to the first Chipotle only to find that it's not open yet -- then it's a bit rushed and forces the decision making process.

I am going to go to Saltgrass Steakhouse maybe tomorrow evening, but aside from that, I don't know where else to go. The options up here are kinda paltry. Is there a brew pub that I'm missing, or a brewery with food? Any other good place I should seek out on the north side?

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: Needing help in Houston, TX [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry your stuck in that shitty part of Houston. It's a bit of a no-man's land as far as being near nice places. Best bet is to go south to The Heights area or north to The Woodlands or west to Vintage Park. All pretty much 20 miles away from where you are.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
I've been in Houston since Monday morning. Hotel bar restaurant on Monday evening. Houston Astros game on Tuesday. Uber'ed it to Chipotle last night. I'm struggling for where to go tonight.

Here's the problem: the business is frugal and cheap right now, and I don't have a rental car. We are staying at the Double Tree near IAH. I don't mind Uber'ing all over the place, but when it was like last night -- when I arrive to the first Chipotle only to find that it's not open yet -- then it's a bit rushed and forces the decision making process.

I am going to go to Saltgrass Steakhouse maybe tomorrow evening, but aside from that, I don't know where else to go. The options up here are kinda paltry. Is there a brew pub that I'm missing, or a brewery with food? Any other good place I should seek out on the north side?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=brew+pub+near+iah

Cheap is right. Would never want to stay near IAH without a car.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Salt grass is garbage. Go to taste of Texas .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In that area, I don't know too many good steak places. Papasitos Cantina (tex Mex) and Pappas (seafood) in Humble (near IAH) are soild. A little further north into Kingwood gets you to Chachi's Mexican Restaurant (on Town Center Pl), a family fav in that area.

TheFISH in midtown is good sushi if you want to drive (Uber) a bit. But, if you're going that far there are no shortage of good places, steak included.
Quote Reply