Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
The newer GTIs, including mine, use regular gas. The older ones used to require it, as does my WRX, but my 2016 VW GTI runs on 87 octane just fine.
My 2015 Accord and my 2016 Civic (with the turbo) both specify 87 octane. It does say to use "top-tier" brands, though.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a 2008 BMW 530D for six years, overall fuel consumption in that time was 30mpg and that was including a lot of short trips on congested roads. I would get mid-30s on road trips with mainly highway driving. Newer models have more efficient engines, and the 3 series is also more efficient being a smaller car.

I'd go for something like that, decent fuel economy and a lot of fun to drive, no problem fitting an adult in the back seat.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
gymrat wrote:
Man card has zero to do with what you drive!

Not true. You are legally required to turn in your penis if/when you buy a minivan.

Well $hit! I should have done that back in the 90's when I was still single and bought a Mercury Villager instead of a sports car. And, I guess I still haven't learned my lesson either with the 2005 Grand Caravan that I only seem to drive (wife has an '18 Santa Fe & then there's my son's car...).

At least I didn't turn in my penis when I bought a used 2013 Prius. Even though I drive that byatch like I stole it, that car is the best vehicle investment I have ever made. However, my next vehicle will not be a Prius - I am going with the Hyundai Ioniq.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
JSA wrote:
gymrat wrote:

Not true. You are legally required to turn in your penis if/when you buy a minivan.

Well $hit! I should have done that back in the 90's when I was still single and bought a Mercury Villager instead of a sports car. And, I guess I still haven't learned my lesson either with the 2005 Grand Caravan that I only seem to drive (wife has an '18 Santa Fe & then there's my son's car...).

At least I didn't turn in my penis when I bought a used 2013 Prius. Even though I drive that byatch like I stole it, that car is the best vehicle investment I have ever made. However, my next vehicle will not be a Prius - I am going with the Hyundai Ioniq.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get your penis back.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Hyundai Veloster hits most of the points (the back seat is a little tight)
I got one of those as a rental once and learned it is named after the rodent they chose to run on the wheel under the hood.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
JSA wrote:
gymrat wrote:

Redeem yourself with a Lotus Evora 400 :)

Seriously? If I got that car, then I would definitely have a little dick!

Imma' gonna' spend the Bennies and get something proppah, like a Vanquish or a Squingeelie-thingy.

Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
Guffaw wrote:
Hyundai Veloster hits most of the points (the back seat is a little tight)

I got one of those as a rental once and learned it is named after the rodent they chose to run on the wheel under the hood.

Yeah.

If we're going to go Korean, the new Kia Stinger 2.0 is intriguing. 34MPG @ 75MPH highway with 255HP and 6.0s 0-60MPH.

Good combo of commuter MPG with legit snap. Or for the insecure man, there's the GT version with 365HP and still 27 highway.

All reasonably priced. Just over $30K for the 2.0, over $40K for the GT.

Last edited by: trail: Aug 17, 18 14:53
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$40k + for a ... Kia ... umm, sports car? does not get my wheels turnin'
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
$40k + for a ... Kia ... umm, sports car? does not get my wheels turnin'

Hater.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it would smoke me off the line.

Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

Oh damn, that's hot, though. Seriously. That's close to my ideal zombie apocalypse bug-out vehicle. Diesel would be ideal, but gas would do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mercedes E Class Diesel. Can get over 40mpg highway. Certainly not slow.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.edmunds.com/kia/stinger/2018/mpg/
25.15 MPGEPA Combined city/hwy 22 city 29 highway
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Audi A6.

Quality stuff and the fuel economy on VW/Audi is (suspiciously) good...
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
https://www.edmunds.com/kia/stinger/2018/mpg/
25.15 MPGEPA Combined city/hwy 22 city 29 highway

Huh, that's way different than the review I was reading. And you're right, even the Kia marketing gives the #'s you are.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend me a fuel efficient car that allows me to keep my man card [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
trail wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

Oh damn, that's hot, though. Seriously. That's close to my ideal zombie apocalypse bug-out vehicle. Diesel would be ideal, but gas would do.

You can offset the cost cooking meth too.

Sounds like a win to me
Quote Reply

Prev Next