Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: I am deficient in DYI Wet Suit Stripping -- Can You Help Me Please? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
I use a De Soto suit so ya a little different, but I pull the top off let my goggles and swim cap go in the sleeve and pull that off while running. Then pull the bibjon down to my waist. Once I get to transition I pull the wetsuit down to my ankles and while I’m putting on my helmet I step on one side of the wetsuit and pull the other foot out then so the same for the opposite side. It doesn’t take any longer than no wetsuit.

You should be able to do this all standing. Do you have a cheaper wetsuit that isn’t very flexible?

This x2. Down to the the goggles and cap staying in the sleeve while pulling the top off while running, you've hit my wetsuit legal T1 on the nose. Got to love that De Soto 2 piece!

Regards,
J. Smith
Quote Reply
Re: I am deficient in DYI Wet Suit Stripping -- Can You Help Me Please? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Per wrote:
Tri-slide and cutting the bottom 2" off of my suit solved it for me. I just about blacked out and fell over trying to get off my suit the first time after racing a buddy to the shore at my first Oly.

2" didn't do anything for me.

Anatomy of my foot, when toes are pointed make my heel just stick out....
I had to cut 4" off (mid calf) for it to come cleanly off....
You may have to reseal the seams if you cut pat the factory seam tape.
A Dive Shop should be able to set you up with glue and tape.

Didn’t even think about this until someone mentioned it. The De Soto T1 ankle is cut at an angle opening up the ankle hole more. I wonder if this has something to do with how easy it is to take off.
Quote Reply
Re: I am deficient in DYI Wet Suit Stripping -- Can You Help Me Please? [jsmith82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jsmith82 wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
I use a De Soto suit so ya a little different, but I pull the top off let my goggles and swim cap go in the sleeve and pull that off while running. Then pull the bibjon down to my waist. Once I get to transition I pull the wetsuit down to my ankles and while I’m putting on my helmet I step on one side of the wetsuit and pull the other foot out then so the same for the opposite side. It doesn’t take any longer than no wetsuit.

You should be able to do this all standing. Do you have a cheaper wetsuit that isn’t very flexible?

This x2. Down to the the goggles and cap staying in the sleeve while pulling the top off while running, you've hit my wetsuit legal T1 on the nose. Got to love that De Soto 2 piece!

Exactly the same here with the De Soto 2 piece

I’m guessing you are in the fastest 1% for T1 also
Quote Reply
Re: I am deficient in DYI Wet Suit Stripping -- Can You Help Me Please? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use lube spray on the outside of my wetsuit on the bottom four inches or so. All the way around. It seems to help the rubber slide on itself (and who knows...maybe even makes me swim faster).

I have always wondered if it causes the wetsuit to breakdown any sooner than it normally would but no sign of that so far. I've been doing it for years.
Quote Reply

Prev Next