Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prostate Trauma
Quote | Reply
Injured my prostate likely due to new saddle and a few hard bounces on my MTB last Feb-May. Have not been able to bike, run, swim or walk more than a mile due to significant discomfort since 5 June. Recent MRI, exam by urologist, and biopsy no signs of significant inflammation/trauma and no cancer. My urologist does not think it is pudendal nerve entrapment.

Discomfort in the prostate and surrounding area has slowly improved since 5 June. However, looks like several more weeks of sitting on cushions, standing at my desk, and no training.

Anyone with similar experience..... that can share how long it took you to return to training after prostate trauma would be much appreciated.

A
Quote Reply
Re: Prostate Trauma [TheBorg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheBorg wrote:
Injured my prostate likely due to new saddle and a few hard bounces on my MTB last Feb-May. Have not been able to bike, run, swim or walk more than a mile due to significant discomfort since 5 June. Recent MRI, exam by urologist, and biopsy no signs of significant inflammation/trauma and no cancer. My urologist does not think it is pudendal nerve entrapment.

Discomfort in the prostate and surrounding area has slowly improved since 5 June. However, looks like several more weeks of sitting on cushions, standing at my desk, and no training.

Anyone with similar experience..... that can share how long it took you to return to training after prostate trauma would be much appreciated.

A

I have had discomfort in that area that "might" be a prostate issue. Popped up the end of 2015, did not respond to antibiotics, then I took meloxicam (mobic) for a few days and it went away.

Virtually pain free until a few days ago, which happened to be a few days after the last race of my season- a 40k TT. I spend basically the entire time on the nose of the saddle which could not have helped the situation. It came back but somewhat manageable and still able to ride, carefully.

Back on meloxicam and hoping for it to go away soon. Are you on any NSAID/anti inflammatory?

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Re: Prostate Trauma [Physiojoe925] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on Bactrim for 30 days thinking I had prostatitis. The Bactrim had no effect on the prostate discomfort. Have taken ibuprofen, naproxen, and tylenol off/on over the last 3 months. None of these helped with the discomfort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had problems with my prostate while riding, yes, but in every instance, the pain went away after 1-2 days without cycling.

But I must say that the nastiest saddle bump I had made me cry on the bike for about 2 km. I genuinely thought that somehow my balls got hit too, but no, it was only the prostate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheBorg wrote:
I was on Bactrim for 30 days thinking I had prostatitis. The Bactrim had no effect on the prostate discomfort. Have taken ibuprofen, naproxen, and tylenol off/on over the last 3 months. None of these helped with the discomfort.

Sorry to hear the anti inflammatories did not work. Did the doctor identify bacteria in a urine sample? It is my understanding they would only prescribe an antibiotic if you had prostatitis caused by an infection. Not necessarily from an acute prostate injury.

If the antibiotic did not work then it may not be bacterial, in which case I would question why they gave it to you in the first place.

-Physiojoe
Instagram: @thephysiojoe
Cycling coach, Elite racer on Wooster Bikewerks p/b Wootown Bagels
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
please purchase a copy of Dr. David Wise's "A Headache in the Pelvis." much of acute and acute-on-chronic- prostate pain is due to neuromuscular inflammation and spasm. Mine, too, started 10 years ago due to a crappy indoor cycle saddle, and re-injured yesterday on another stationary saddle. this is treatable. talk to your urologist, and discuss your consulting a pelvic rehab PT. the PT I saw changed my life, found multiple trigger points, eradicated them, and showed me how to treat myself at home. I went from 10/10 pain to training for ironman. best of luck; be persistent in moving forward with your treatment.
Quote Reply
Re: Prostate Trauma [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks much!
Quote Reply