Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ankle/Foot Pain
Quote | Reply
So I've been dealing with some ankle/foot pain under my ankle bone on the inside part of my foot. I also have some tenderness in the meat of my arch and a little back from center but on the side of the foot not underneath (I think this is the abductor hallucis). For awhile I thought it was PTT because I was getting pain directly under the ankle bone and sometimes behind the ankle bone but have no other symptoms of PTT (no pain when doing a calf raise or plantarflex and invert the foot). The way I am able to feel pain (besides during a run) is to dorsiflex and invert my foot. I feel pain from under my ankle bone and runs down under my arch. I can also feel some pain when I sit in a chair and anchor my heal to the ground. I place the band around my big toe and pull my foot inward. Any ideas what this could be? Been doing the normal good search for muscles and tendons in the foot but can't seem to nail anything down.
Quote Reply
Re: Ankle/Foot Pain [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could still be post tib...not all cases are text book. I see an occasional flexor hallucis longus tendinopathy, especially on runners who have poor great toe extension. Go get it checked out to rule things in/out.

CB
Physical Therapist/Endurance Coach
http://www.cadencept.net
Quote Reply