Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone seen these new Paris outdoor urinals? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Not the worst idea in the world. Every downtown area has a place people are known for takin a piss after the bars close. I don't see using one of these during the day, but I could see it being useful for emergency relief after 2:00am.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen these new Paris outdoor urinals? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Brian in MA wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:
Crank wrote:
Seems like a good idea to me...

https://www.cnn.com/...inal-intl/index.html

They’ve had something similar in Amsterdam for a long time

Personally I prefer the giant pipe, cut in half that was at the NYC marathon

http://cleanhands.net/...Staging_area/m13.jpg

Fenway Park used to have those. Notre Dame Stadium and Wrigley Field also.

They had those in Ohio Stadium too. Fucking gross when the drain gets plugged.

I'd hate to have pissed out that kidney stone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a great idea. Simple, effective and it will cut down on piss smells in every alley and dark street near busy pub and tourist areas.

Why are people 'shocked' by this or worried about exposure? You would literally have to stand next to the guy and crane your neck to look.
It unfortunate that there isn't quite as simple of a solution for then ladies. Nature didn't deign to give plumbing quite as practical, though you do have the whole 'I can create life' thing going for you so I think you're still ahead.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen these new Paris outdoor urinals? [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
They’ve had something similar in Amsterdam for a long time

Personally I prefer the giant pipe, cut in half that was at the NYC marathon

http://cleanhands.net/...Staging_area/m13.jpg

I thought that was for washing your hands:

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen these new Paris outdoor urinals? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
We don’t stigmatize it. We just don’t want to see a swinging dick while trying to enjoy a morning coffee at an outdoor cafe on the river.

I can't think of a time that I've seen the dick of anyone else peeing. I simply don't look. But hey if you're curious, to each their own.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen these new Paris outdoor urinals? [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knewbike wrote:
JSA wrote:
We don’t stigmatize it. We just don’t want to see a swinging dick while trying to enjoy a morning coffee at an outdoor cafe on the river.

I can't think of a time that I've seen the dick of anyone else peeing. I simply don't look. But hey if you're curious, to each their own.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that is because we do not encourage people to piss in public.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that is because we do not encourage people to piss in public.

I'm not sure this is a question of encouragement. When someone needs to pee badly and there are no facilities available... only one solution remains.
If there are homeless, temporarily displaced (including tourists) or simply drunk - this is a nice simple solution.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen these new Paris outdoor urinals? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
JSA wrote:

I'm not sure this is a question of encouragement. When someone needs to pee badly and there are no facilities available... only one solution remains.
If there are homeless, temporarily displaced (including tourists) or simply drunk - this is a nice simple solution.

You don't see these outdoor urinals as encouraging people to piss in public? Really?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's kind of like the old knock against condoms. Is their supply encouraging sexual dalliances among minors?
Same could be said for these urinals. Are they encouraging public urination?

I think everyone likes sex that's going to happen anyway to be performed with a condem. Public urination that's going to happen anyway is certainly better going into one of these contraptions. However, everyone wanting to pee in public now? Not sure I'm so high on that if it goes there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember quite indelibly going to the Seattle Marathon as a kid w/ my dad, and perhaps a half-hour or so beforehand whilst folks were milling about prior to the start and doing the usual pre-race ritual, the lines for the porta-potties had grown pretty deep ~ apparently too long for one intrepid dude who decided he couldn't wait that long and wandered off past the edge of the parking lot to the shore of Lake Washington where he let it fly. At first it was one of those classic "Hey wait a sec, is that guy over there just whizzing right in the lake?!?" but then pretty soon he was joined by another brother in arms, and then another, and another... pretty soon, there was a solid wall of dudes lined up slightly more than elbow to elbow with their backs to the crowd, just like at one of those stadium urinal troughs ~ only the urinal was the lakeshore itself with no other barriers aside from simply facing away from the start zone at a slight distance (maybe 20-30 yards?). It's not as if anyone could actually see any junk even though it was plainly obvious what they were all doing (perhaps a homeowner on the far side of the lake w/ some ginormous binocs could spy a row of tiny pee-pees, but certainly nobody in the marathon crowd on our side of the lake).

Pretty much anyone I saw who noticed what was going on and pointed it out to their buddy or whoever was nearby seemed more amused than anything else, although I think a few women complained at least partially joking that it wasn't fair they still had to stand in line. If anything, though, all the womens (and remaining guys on Team Deuce) should be thankful for all the whiz bandits for abandoning the lines to shorten the wait for everyone else.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen these new Paris outdoor urinals? [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think people are losing sight of where these are located. They are not discretely tucked away, which would be fine. They are practically on a stage.

Last edited by: JSA: Aug 15, 18 14:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You realize that half the pubs in Paris are no different than these?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen these new Paris outdoor urinals? [shoff14] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoff14 wrote:
You realize that half the pubs in Paris are no different than these?

Other than not being in the middle of a heavily trafficked sidewalk on the banks of a heavily traveled river, the are exactly the same.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen these new Paris outdoor urinals? [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't it that if you are caught publicly urinating too close to a school, that's bad, and could result in your getting on a list for exposing yourself close to minor? Yes, different countries. But not a surprise people would think these are not a great idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone seen these new Paris outdoor urinals? [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

I thought that was for washing your hands:

oh man...
i'd forgotten about that video! so great. thanks for the reminder.
Quote Reply

Prev Next