Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: Ritchey Breakaway or S&S Coupled Frameset
Quote | Reply
ISO: Ritchey Breakaway or S&S Coupled frameset WITH case in an S or 52. WOuld consider a complete bike, but significant preference for a frameset.

Whatcha got, ST?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Ritchey Breakaway or S&S Coupled Frameset [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might also want to think about a case like the ORU. Only slightly less disassembly required over a coupled frame, but much easier to pack and you still skirt the airline fees.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Ritchey Breakaway or S&S Coupled Frameset [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have an ORU case which I use when I'm traveling for pleasure. Not what I'm looking for. in this application...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what what are you using it for, but have you consider the Raleigh Grand Prix? Look like the same as Ritchey Breakaway, but you can get the whole bike for $1100.
https://www.raleighusa.com/grand-prix-27417
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Ritchey Breakaway or S&S Coupled Frameset [jdzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was stalking this as I am interested in a Breakaway type bike as well - do you have any experience with the Raleigh?
The price is fantastic, but I've never had Campy, and the only other bike of mine with that much chrome on it is a 1986 Lotus.

Cheers,
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Ritchey Breakaway or S&S Coupled Frameset [SPBaldwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's not a bad deal. Campagnolo Vaeloce is bulletproof, I have a groupset that coincidentally spent time on my Ritchey BreakAway. Retired at the moment, transitioned to 11 speed except for one bike with 10 speed Chorus.

You could upgrade that bike to 11 speed for about $200, all it takes is a pair of brifters, a cassette and a chain. I've seen Potenza brifters for as low as $125.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Ritchey Breakaway or S&S Coupled Frameset [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a good deal, just not available in a S, currently. I'll keep an eye out.

Still looking for a frame in the interim (and frankly, would prefer it)
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Ritchey Breakaway or S&S Coupled Frameset [jdzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a used ritchey breakaway with 10 speed campy chorus and everything else except wheels for $900 shipped. That was a deal! The bike is great, easy to pack and unpack, there are some great diagrams/videos online. Highly suggested for traveling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still looking - anyone know of anything?
Quote Reply