Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adjusting for Weather when thinking about Work (Kj)
Quote | Reply
So I have an upcoming race and I'm looking to get a PR. Last year the Kj was 846 at a temperature of 75. I expect temperatures to be much hotter (80-85) as last year's race was postponed to the hurricanes. Any ideas on how to easily adjust for weather?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting for Weather when thinking about Work (Kj) [carosemena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
more heat = less watts = more time ~= similar work(kJ)

Why not just back off the power a little or shoot for a similar HR?
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting for Weather when thinking about Work (Kj) [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got it. Thank you.

My HR is too volatile to plan when talking temperature differences. Not for you?
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting for Weather when thinking about Work (Kj) [carosemena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find that if I am within a certain comfortable range, it is pretty predictable. Somewhere around 85-90, it goes bonkers and I am in full heat mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Adjusting for Weather when thinking about Work (Kj) [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok so back to original question - would KJ be lower?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on your heat tolerance.
If the ride takes you longer proportional to the reduction in wattage, kJ would stay the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it. Thank you.
Quote Reply