Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

US Open Triathlon - Rockwall
Quote | Reply
Has anyone done this tri - Olympic distance? How was it? Was it wetsuit legal?
Quote Reply
Re: US Open Triathlon - Rockwall [BLRoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I (attempted) to do it once in 2015. I cannot remember if the swim was wetsuit legal, but I believe it was, but could've easily forgotten.

Out of the 25+ triathlons I've competed in, this is the only I would recommend against, mainly because of the race directors. I crashed in that race and tried to contact them after the race for months with zero response. I contacted them through phone, e-mail, and Facebook message and they refused to return any of my messages.

Aside from that, it's a very poor course as well.
Quote Reply
Re: US Open Triathlon - Rockwall [BLRoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I did it last year. It was wetsuit legal... Barely. A cold front blew through right at race start, so winds were 20mph steady out of the north.

I can't argue with the comments on the course . I mean the swim is a Texas lake swim like any other. It's only one loop, so that's good.

The bike course is on bad roads that were mostly under construction last year. The ones that weren't, probably should have been. I spent a lot of time out of the aero bars, avoiding hazards.

The run course, is a 4 loop course up and down the side of the i30 frontage road. It has a pretty steep hill, probably the only one like it in north Texas.

I certainly wouldn't travel to do it. I'm local though, so it's 20 minutes from home.
Quote Reply