Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

training for 2 day stage race - mixing indoor and outdoor bike training
Quote | Reply
this is not for a triathlon but for a gravel bike two day, 75 mile per day, stage race. gravel biking always takes a toll on me as it's far more of a full body workout than riding on smooth roads. I've used TR mostly this year but the closer I get to my race I feel like I need to get out and do some long rides on consecutive days which is what I've done the past couple weeks. Well last week I still did 1.5 hour TR workout on Sat. The next day I did 2.5 hours outside. This past weekend I did 3.5 hours on saturday, mixing in some sweet spot intervals. Sunday I did 4 hours at a steady but moderate pace. Sunday felt better than I was expecting. During the week, I'm still doing 2-3 TR sessions. I'm not sure if this is a reasonable approach or not. At this point, I'm a month out from my race. I'm expecting any podium for the event I just would like a good performance. I guess I'm wondering if I should continue for the next couple of weeks to do long rides on saturday and sunday or is that unnecessary and just likely to wear me down?
Quote Reply
Re: training for 2 day stage race - mixing indoor and outdoor bike training [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Train specificity.
If your two days is back to back 300tss days at high IF start working towards replicating that as best possible. Use the time to sort out nutrition both on and off bike and recovery as well.
You can do inside or outside just aim to replicate what you will face
Quote Reply