Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Strzok Fired from FBI [Danno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danno wrote:
Perseus wrote:
satchmo wrote:
And had an inter-office affair. Did that weigh into the termination at all? Could that have affected his job performance? If the tryst happened on company time it might have.

Anyone defending this guy has their head buried in the sand. While investigating a presidential candidate he said he would stop him from becoming president. His own organization said his behavior was “antithetical to the core values of the FBI and the Department of Justice.”

See, the thing about Strzok is that you can't really believe anything he says. You have to judge him based on what he does. Or, is that not the party line anymore?

Quote Reply
Re: Strzok Fired from FBI [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
Perseus wrote:

You're using circular reasoning and ignoring the facts.

1) Per the FBI the senior Deputy Director reviews and/or modifies any disciplinary findings. I'm guessing you understand why someone in a senior leadership position oversees a disciplinary committee. You're being dramatic by suggesting anyone is accusing OPR of being "so wrong" that their recommendations are "routinely ignored." This is a highly usual situation.

2) How is that you've come to conclusion that Strzok did nothing wrong when the FBI said he was “antithetical to the core values of the FBI and the Department of Justice” and Strzok’s behavior was “not only indicative of a biased state of mind but, even more seriously, implies a willingness to take official action to impact the presidential candidate’s electoral prospects.?"

Wait what? So now you are saying this Strzok incident is different that is why they are not following OPR, like they normally do? So you agree with me that they normally follow OPR? Go back, I said that it is unusual not follow OPR and you said that is not true and are now saying this is an unusual situation.

This is a very simple process so I am unclear as to why you're confused. The senior Deputy Director reviews and/or modifies any disciplinary findings. He did not agree with OPR's recommendation. If you are unclear as to why I suggest you read or reread the information provided.

Additionally, I am unaware of any other FBI agent overseeing investigations into both presidential candidates while demonstrating "a biased state of mind" and implied "willingness to take official action to impact the presidential candidates prospects." If this has happened before and the agent was not fired then you could potentially make a case that the firing was politically motivated.
Quote Reply
Re: Strzok Fired from FBI [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think there's any reasonable question that Stzrok engaged in misconduct. There may be some debate over the proper punishment, but I suspect most people would agree that the level of discipline should be commensurate with the seriousness of the misconduct and consistent with how the agency has dealt with other similar incidents.

I think the agency should be given the benefit of the doubt in these situations, regardless of whether the deputy director followed the lower recommendation or disagreed and imposed something different.

The problem, however, is that this became political before the deputy director had a chance to make his decision. Trump and his sycophants made it so, with Trump going as far to call for his termination and criminal prosecution. It's likely that the deputy director withstood or ignored this pressure and made a good faith decision of his own on the merits. But given Trump's actions, it's not unreasonable to be skeptical. Once again, Trump's inability to keep his mouth shut is what is primarily undermining the agency's credibility.
Quote Reply
Re: Strzok Fired from FBI [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trump, diarrhea of mouth, constipation of the mind.
Quote Reply
Re: Strzok Fired from FBI [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yet, we're the ones sitting around and going foamy mouthed over a guy who cheated on his wife with a coworker and got fired from his job because of professional misconduct and who's subsequently received hundreds of thousands of dollars, almost overnight, from his supporters.

I call what we're doing smart. Very smart... ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply

Prev Next