Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

All is forgiven tiger!
Quote | Reply
I’ve been seeing this today on twitter. Can someone please explain how:

A. Tiger needs your forgiveness?
B. Him playing well at golf somehow exonerates him for the wrong he supposedly did to you?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: All is forgiven tiger! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tiger never did anything wrong to me.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

B. Him playing well at golf somehow exonerates him for the wrong he supposedly did to you?

Because he stole from us the chance to see Jack's record for number of major's broken. He is forgiven since he appears to be playing very well, and in the mix, and next year could make some interesting golf. Who knows he wins the masters and the talk will start of the Grand slam...

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I’ve been seeing this today on twitter. Can someone please explain

really?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: All is forgiven tiger! [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:

really?

No I made it up. That’s what I do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
H- wrote:
Quote:

really?

No I made it up. That’s what I do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really, twitter.

Really, explain twitter.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: All is forgiven tiger! [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twitter is useful if you use it right.

I am not going to explain it to you.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgave him after that 9-iron on the 15th, he was dead to me before then but that patched things up nicely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

In the court of public opinion I think Tiger needs forgiveness. Many of his fans were disgusted by his hidden sex life and felt lied to.

BLeP wrote:
Him playing well at golf somehow exonerates him for the wrong he supposedly did to you?
The only thing people like more than tearing someone down is an underdog story. After tearing Tiger down they can cheer for him with a clear conscious because he's an underdog now.
Quote Reply
Re: All is forgiven tiger! [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
BLeP wrote:

In the court of public opinion I think Tiger needs forgiveness. Many of his fans were disgusted by his hidden sex life and felt lied to.

BLeP wrote:
Him playing well at golf somehow exonerates him for the wrong he supposedly did to you?

The only thing people like more than tearing someone down is an underdog story. After tearing Tiger down they can cheer for him with a clear conscious because he's an underdog now.

The court of public opinion is full of idiots. Tiger did nothing to anyone but his wife and kids.

And I understand that after tearing down a hero the next best thing is building them up again. I still don't see how good golfing means that he is somehow now worthy of your forgiveness.

Is he a better human being because he's playing well again?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
The court of public opinion is full of idiots. Tiger did nothing to anyone but his wife and kids.

And I understand that after tearing down a hero the next best thing is building them up again. I still don't see how good golfing means that he is somehow now worthy of your forgiveness.

Is he a better human being because he's playing well again?

I agree, the court of public opinion is full of idiots and I don't think playing good golf earns forgiveness for Tiger. However, many of the before mentioned idiots must feel differently. Personally, I stopped cheering for Tiger after his sex life came to light, but I don't wish him ill will. I think there is usually a lot more going on in someones life that leads to commit adultery. I don't think most people wake up and decide to flush their marriage and family down the toilet over some sex.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you ever get the sense that Tiger was seriously remorseful for his cheating? To me, he appeared to be in shock that his world came crumbling down but he didn't seem very remorseful for his actions. Then Tiger would make odd quotes like "the only regret I have in life is not spending another year at Stanford, and I wish I would’ve had one more year.â€
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
Did you ever get the sense that Tiger was seriously remorseful for his cheating? To me, he appeared to be in shock that his world came crumbling down but he didn't seem very remorseful for his actions. Then Tiger would make odd quotes like "the only regret I have in life is not spending another year at Stanford, and I wish I would’ve had one more year.â€

No I didn't. Nor did I care. Tiger doesn't owe me shit.

I think what I see is that people put these guys on pedestals and think that they are great role models because they are great athletes.

Do you know what I expect when a fairly young guy gets more money and fame than the knows what to do with? I expect it to go to his head and for him to make mistakes. Why? Because as much as we think that they are superhumans, they aren't. They are humans who happen to excel at sports.

And humans fuck up. A lot.

Tiger cheated on his wife. A lot of people do. Tiger didn't murder any dogs, he didn't beat his wife, he simply failed to be a good husband.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former womanizer now, about to become the Masters champion.