Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lake Placid - side trip after the race any places to visit/see?
Quote | Reply
Driving up from NYC and doing IMLP 70.3, but the following day we are trying to find a place to visit on the way back home, any ideas?

TIA
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid - side trip after the race any places to visit/see? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just off I-87 South on your way back to NYC

- Lake George (beautiful lake)
- Saratoga Springs (great town, great food)
- New Paltz (hippie college town)
- Woodstock (hippie town)

^^All great little towns, each with their own sort of identity.

Also, that time of year might be good to stop off at an apple orchard in the Warwick, NY area. Apple picking and cider donuts!
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid - side trip after the race any places to visit/see? [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tips! gonna copy/paste to my wife .
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid - side trip after the race any places to visit/see? [JTNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might be a bit out of the way but well worth it to check out the Adirondack Experience museum in Blue Mountain Lake.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lots of great hiking in the area. We tried to hit several of the peaks over 4000 ft. Beautiful area!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought The Wild Center was pretty cool.

Quote | Reply
david wrote:
Lots of great hiking in the area. We tried to hit several of the peaks over 4000 ft. Beautiful area!!

probably won't be hiking after the race LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another thought.
Why not just stay and spend some time in Lake Placid, it's really beautiful up there.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid - side trip after the race any places to visit/see? [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
Another thought.
Why not just stay and spend some time in Lake Placid, it's really beautiful up there.

My tri team booked a house from Fri-Mon unfortunately, I could find a hotel but I am also travelling with a 2 yr old and judging from research there aren't many toddler friendly activities nearby.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We were up in Lake Placid this winter with a 2 & 4 year old, had a great time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AuSable Chasm is pretty neat, and depending which way you're coming from kinda on the way.

Rafting, nature walk, nice mountain biking trails, and a decent brewery nearby.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with Adirondack Experience in Blue Mountsin Lake and Wild Center - great spot if you have a 2yo in tow. There is also Ft Ticonderoga, drive up to the Whiteface summit and the Paul Smiths College VIC. All worthwhile visits. Lots to do in the area and great place to be late summer/early fall.
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid - side trip after the race any places to visit/see? [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
Another thought.

What would you do with kids 6 and 9 for a couple days in Placid? We're going to do a long weekend in conjunction with the race. I'm thinking Bobsled experience (only the 9yo unfortunately) and maybe the Gondola ride to the top of Whiteface. Looking for other ideas.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Lake Placid - side trip after the race any places to visit/see? [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
trener1 wrote:
Another thought.

What would you do with kids 6 and 9 for a couple days in Placid? We're going to do a long weekend in conjunction with the race. I'm thinking Bobsled experience (only the 9yo unfortunately) and maybe the Gondola ride to the top of Whiteface. Looking for other ideas.

There's tons of things to do with kids in the area -

Check out some hikes in the area, there's plenty short, kid friendly ones if the weather is good, and is particularly beautiful that time of year - think Mt. Jo, Heart Lake, Cobble Hill, Owls Nest, Cascade, etc. Just google hikes for kids in Lake Placid.

The Olympic Passport is fun for the whole family: http://www.lakeplacid.com/...ympic-sites-passport

Here's a link for some non-hiking activities: https://mommypoppins.com/...ttractions-with-kids
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
check out the Mohonk Mountain House
Quote Reply