Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to keep BTA hydration cool/protected during long waiting period
Quote | Reply
I use the old school Profile Design Aerodrink BTA system. Bike check-in is day before so I would attach the system and then add hydration in the morning. The problem is the TA closes 2 hours before my wave and then another 45 mins or so before I get to the bike so I'm thinking about it getting warm and full of flies. Should I just scrap the BTA and use a regular bottle that I can freeze and then grab out of a bag in T1? Its an OLY so I don't need a ton.
Last edited by: dmagic17: Aug 9, 18 14:03
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep BTA hydration cool/protected during long waiting period [dmagic17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's an Oly, so technically you don't "need" any hydration on the bike, nor fuel really.

But if you must have a cold bottle, then keep a frozen one in an insulated bag near your bike, and pop it in just as you head out.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: How to keep BTA hydration cool/protected during long waiting period [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No bags of any kind in transition for Nats.

I'm going with lukewarm water is better than no water. And yes, I absolutely need some water on the bike so the second half of the run isn't a hot mess.
Last edited by: Per: Aug 10, 18 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep BTA hydration cool/protected during long waiting period [dmagic17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not familiar with the PD Aerodrink BTA... is it difficult to remove and reattach the bottle? In other words, can you not just carry your bottle into transition morning of?

I use the Torpedo BTA bottle, and I fill it and bring it to my bike the morning of the race when I have check-in the day before. I bring my BTS bottles the same time.
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep BTA hydration cool/protected during long waiting period [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
It's an Oly, so technically you don't "need" any hydration on the bike, nor fuel really.

eh????

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Freeze it, so it defrosts during the wait.
EDIT: Just realized that wouldn't work in your situation, since you need to pour it over. I've done it with a torpedo which you can attach in the morning.
Last edited by: sjn: Aug 10, 18 10:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just freeze the BTA bring it and attach it in the morning. Get there 5-10 minutes earlier to attach it. Or fill it with your drink+ice cubes in the morning.
Quote Reply