Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours
Quote | Reply
This is one of the many reasons why you do not give a super car to a 25 year old.

A British tourist in Dubai may be bringing home the worst souvenir ever after collecting $45,000 worth of speeding tickets in just four hours.

Traffic cameras caught the 25-year-old breaking the speed limit 33 times on July 31 in a rented Lamborghini Huracan at speeds ranging from 78 to 142 mph.
According to The Local, the yellow supercar is now sitting in front of the man’s hotel collecting dust. The rental agency is refusing to pick it up because it will have to turn it over to police and will be responsible for the fines, per local regulations.

The agency currently has the man’s passport, which was left as collateral, and is hoping to resolve the matter before he leaves the country.

http://www.foxnews.com/...kets-in-4-hours.html

I wonder what he end game is here ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: $45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

End game? He's a 25 year old with a rental Lamborghini. The end game is to drive it like a madman with no thought beyond that. His prefrontal cortex hasn't fully developed yet.

I can't say I wouldn't have been tempted to test the capabilities of the Lamborghini had I an opportunity to drive one. Maybe a track would have been a better place, but I'm not 25 either.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: $45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

End game? He's a 25 year old with a rental Lamborghini. The end game is to drive it like a madman with no thought beyond that. His prefrontal cortex hasn't fully developed yet.

I can't say I wouldn't have been tempted to test the capabilities of the Lamborghini had I an opportunity to drive one. Maybe a track would have been a better place, but I'm not 25 either.

Well, perhaps a little time on the interwebs looking into traffic enforcement in Dubai would have been a good start for him ...

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/...police-radar-catches

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He likely thought that by the time a ticket is issued he'd be out of the country, no harm no foul.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Aug 8, 18 12:51
Quote Reply
Re: $45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:

A local guy (owned a business a few blocks from my house) died in a rental Lamborgini a few years back, I think within a very short time of driving off the rental lot.

https://www.autoevolution.com/...hini-crash-8129.html
Quote Reply
Re: $45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
jmh wrote:

A local guy (owned a business a few blocks from my house) died in a rental Lamborgini a few years back, I think within a very short time of driving off the rental lot.

https://www.autoevolution.com/...hini-crash-8129.html

“"I just don't think he knew how fast that car was," Michelle Brown“

Yeah he rented it because it just looked pretty... give me a break.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost certainly without getting paid they won't let him leave

During 2 of my years in Qatar. One of my friends was effectively under arrest whilst a fire was investigated

Until you pay, or are cleared you don't leave
Quote Reply
Re: $45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe next he will rent a boat and go into international waters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
jmh wrote:

Well, perhaps a little time on the interwebs looking into traffic enforcement in Dubai would have been a good start for him ...

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/...police-radar-catches

I'm willing to bet he spent 0 time looking up Dubai traffic laws. He's 25. I'm also willing to bet that the rental fee was doable (1-$2000/day?), but coughing up 40k + is going to be problematic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Canada he could claim that all those cameras are violating his human rights to privacy and are unconstitutional.
Quote Reply
Re: $45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try claiming human rights in the gulf....... They are big fans of them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spent most of a year working a contract in UAE--in Abu Dhabi working with their Presidential Guard on some stuff. Super Cars were ubiquitous and it was very cool to see them growling along. They had tracks where you could unwind them and the highway between Abu Dhabi and Dubai was mostly free of cameras though it'd be sketchy weaving between trucks as you rocketed along at 120+mph

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ruh roh.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could have been worse. Could have been Finland.

https://www.theatlantic.com/...eding-ticket/387484/

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: $45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I worked with Group 18 in Abu Dhabi for a couple years. I had to drive to Dubai twice a week to perform test flights and had all of the speed cameras on the E11 figured out so that I could open my Jeep up to 145-150 kph. I can't believe I didn't blow the engine up on that thing!

E11 is near perfectly straight for 120 km, so I'm not surprised he was able to rack up those tickets. Justin Bieber came there for a concert while I was working there and got a few thousand dollars worth of tickets while driving a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, too.
Quote Reply
Re: $45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours [Brandon_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandon_W wrote:
I worked with Group 18 in Abu Dhabi for a couple years. I had to drive to Dubai twice a week to perform test flights and had all of the speed cameras on the E11 figured out so that I could open my Jeep up to 145-150 kph. I can't believe I didn't blow the engine up on that thing!

E11 is near perfectly straight for 120 km, so I'm not surprised he was able to rack up those tickets. Justin Bieber came there for a concert while I was working there and got a few thousand dollars worth of tickets while driving a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, too.

Did you have fun at the concert?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha ha, I didn't have the pleasure of attending, but I do remember that the local radio station played his bullshit every other Goddamned song.
Quote Reply
Re: $45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours [Brandon_W] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandon_W wrote:
Ha ha, I didn't have the pleasure of attending, but I do remember that the local radio station played his bullshit every other Goddamned song.

Sorry, I couldn't resist ... ;-)

Quote Reply