Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Republican Congressman Indicted for Insider Trading, Arrested by FBI [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Please show me where I've advocated for any Republican or member of any other political party.

well, here's two:

1. you started thread after thread, a couple a week, or more, throughout the summer, attacking the FBI and the DOJ as untrustworthy (and you falsely claimed that the "DOJ and FBI currently appear to be institutions that have both been captured by their sympathies for those within the Democratic party" when it's been pointed out to you by a career employee of the FBI that it's predominantly republican in employee sympathies, and as you well know those in senior management have been republicans almost entirely). you did this simply because the FBI is investigating russian interference in the election and that investigation may well ensnare the trump administration and his republican allies.

2. you routinely start threads about immigration, and your theses reliably follow a republican script.

how many more examples do you want? and do i need to list these threads of yours?

big kahuna wrote:
The problem I see here in the LR is that one is almost forced to choose a side these days

exactly. there are two sides. you can choose truth, fact and reason, scholarship, and honoring professionalism; or you can choose obfuscation, lies, projection, anti-intellectualism and the exaltation of the opinion of the everyman, irrespective of its worth. that's the binary choice. the choice is not a party, or a side. it's a set of axioms and behaviors by which you choose to live your life.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Aug 8, 18 20:13
Quote Reply
Re: Republican Congressman Indicted for Insider Trading, Arrested by FBI [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Insider trading probably happens more often than we think. This guy just wasn't very careful about it. I mean, he contacted family members via cell phone immediately after hearing the news about the failure of the drug test. Others are more careful. All it takes is to have some 'secret distant friend or acquaintance' that no one knows about take the info (via non-cell phone or email) and no one knows anything. No paper trail, no emails. Nothing. Sure, there is always a risk if that person decides to turn on you, but just look at how long the McDonalds Monopoly scam went on. I'd say only 5% of insider trading is ever investigated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next