Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pool Table Recommendations
Quote | Reply
We've done three camping trips this summer and each campground had a pool table. H Jr. feel in love with game so we'll probably buy one. I'm guessing it'll be used for 6-9 years and then discarded once the kids go off to school so I won't be spending $2,500+ on a slate one.

I'm comfortable with $800-$1,000 but other than reviews on Amazon, Dicks and similar places, I have no way of knowing the difference between the ones in this range and the cheapos. I'd consider a used slate one off Craigs list but this brings a challenge of relocating it. Appreciate any suggestions.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Pool Table Recommendations [Harry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look for pool table movers / installers in your area. Get out some cost estimates, they might even have some or know of some needing a home. Really is the best low/cost way to get a nice table. Then they will install level / new felt if needed/.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy a used one from someone who decided they didn't need to use a pool table to fold laundry on.

Or take Junior to the local pool hall and play there.

YMMV. I've played a lot of pool in my life. I have owned a pool table. I have room in my house for a pool table. I can afford a pool table. I go to the local pool hall when I want to play. It is just more fun than playing alone in your house.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Pool Table Recommendations [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I Agee but I live 12 miles from the nearest street light and almost an hour from the nearest pool hall. We did go on the last rainy day but I don’t see this as something we’d do too often

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely look at the used market then. Don't be afraid if it needs new felt. Old ratty felt makes it look bad but is pretty easy to replace.

I just looked at pool tables on my local craigslist and there are a ton of very nice tables out there for under $1000. And quite a few in the <$600 range.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plenty of good used slate tables in the 4-6 hundred range, then spend spend a few hundred to get it moved.
Quote Reply