Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 935 Triathlon setting Total time Help!!!???
Quote | Reply
So ive raced an Olympic and an Ironman (ironman Canada two weeks ago) with my new garmin 935.

My problem: When using the Triathlon function ON THE 935 once you get to the run and look at total time, it does not show the actual total time!

During the Olympic I saw a time of 35 mins that looked like my run time. During ironman Canada when you navigate down to the total time screen by pushing the down button it looked like the total time was being clocked in 45min segments.

I have called garmin and talked to them about it once and all they had me do was navigate through the screens to show the total time in a short 4 min test. What happens during a longer events (>90mins ) is obviously different.

Doest anyone know how to change this setting to indicate total time for a long duration events so I can see 4:xx for 70.3 and 10:xx for ironman?

Thanks in advance. Garmin is no help...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Triathlon setting Total time Help!!!??? [LOVELB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOVELB wrote:
So ive raced an Olympic and an Ironman (ironman Canada two weeks ago) with my new garmin 935.

My problem: When using the Triathlon function ON THE 935 once you get to the run and look at total time, it does not show the actual total time!

During the Olympic I saw a time of 35 mins that looked like my run time. During ironman Canada when you navigate down to the total time screen by pushing the down button it looked like the total time was being clocked in 45min segments.

I have called garmin and talked to them about it once and all they had me do was navigate through the screens to show the total time in a short 4 min test. What happens during a longer events (>90mins ) is obviously different.

Doest anyone know how to change this setting to indicate total time for a long duration events so I can see 4:xx for 70.3 and 10:xx for ironman?

Thanks in advance. Garmin is no help...

So if you run the triathlon activity now and scroll through the various data screens for the swim and bike, do you get total time, just not for run?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Triathlon setting Total time Help!!!??? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get total time for all three sports, the difference is during the run the total time doesn't show that actual total time. At ironman Canada the total time looked like 45mins and to the right of that it showed the number 7. Like it had cycled through 45min intervals 7 times.

Does that make sense?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOVELB wrote:
I get total time for all three sports, the difference is during the run the total time doesn't show that actual total time. At ironman Canada the total time looked like 45mins and to the right of that it showed the number 7. Like it had cycled through 45min intervals 7 times.

Does that make sense?

That's weird.

2 options. Create a new run activity, edit your triathlon activity and replace the run with your new one.
Create a whole new triathlon activity, "Add Activity" "MultiSport" and then add the individual legs.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Triathlon setting Total time Help!!!??? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So i think what the issue was is under my run feature the last data field was "timer" not "multisport total time". I switched this data field but have yet to try it. . once i pretend to be a triathlete again i will report back so that anyone else with this issue will be able to fix it.

Thanks for the help,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It might also be possible that you're misinterpreting the display. On my 935 the hour digit is small and in the upper left of the screen. The mm:ss is displayed larger since that's more important in the moment. Easy to miss if you're just glancing at your watch while running or biking.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Triathlon setting Total time Help!!!??? [smccauley49] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm.

That might make sense. I’m have alive when it comes to the run in any race.... but I can almost swear during Ironman all I saw was two numbers a 7 which could have been minutes? And a timer that looked like 45 seconds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You definitely have a wrong screen in there somewhere. Mine works fine for the total as well as each individual.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 935 Triathlon setting Total time Help!!!??? [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you do me a favor? Would you look at your run data fields as you move down to the last one?

Right now my last 3 data fields are:

Zone
Time of day
Multisport time ( it was originally timer, maybe it should be total time?)

Thanks for your help in advance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My run screens are my run screens. I don’t have a field set for total multi sport time. That occurs on its own in triathlon mode. Total time is the last screen after the generic clock screen as you scroll down. During the swim it shows the swim icon, bike shows bike and run shows run. That last screen is total cumulative. I can’t seem to even find a way to alter that last screen if I want to.

I don’t have a separate total multi sport time field set under any of the individual components.
Quote Reply