Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: MMA woman vs average Joe? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: MMA woman vs average Joe? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could have saved yourself a lot of typing if you'd just posted that earlier.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: MMA woman vs average Joe? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Don’t want to make this about how much she weighs, but I’ve always been amazed on how much fighters weigh during their fights 24hours after weigh in. This is from a while back, but Rousey hasn’t gotten any smaller.

"She jumped on the scale after Anthony missed weight and was 152 pounds. Without any sort of prep (diet, water loading, sodium loading/cutting, etc.) jumped in the sauna and was in there for FIVE hours before it was time to go to the coaches challenge. Yes, Ronda Rousey cut weight in the sauna for five hours, went to a rock climbing challenge, won, and then went BACK to the sauna that night and cut some more ... She did this to prove a point ... Cutting weight is mental. You can't use screwing up your diet or your water loading as an excuse. If you miss weight, it's because you mentally broke. The fact that she pulled this off really showed that Ronda is on another level mentally. It was inspiring and motivating to see this happen in front of me. It made me realize that I never have to be afraid of missing weight... you just have to be mentally strong and never give up. Unfortunately, Anthony gave up."
24 hours later and Rousey was 135, on the dot.

Sounds like a good way to get yourself killed.

17 lbs of water weight, that seems unbelievable!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Carano can hang with a much larger dude, and one made of metal too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAgdovW9V6E
Quote Reply
Re: MMA woman vs average Joe? [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A-A-Ron wrote:

Pretty goofy question.

200lbs athletic guy vs 135lbs girl, depends on if he has any clue what he is doing. If he has any idea he will likely win. If he doesn't know how to defend himself at all she may have a shot. I weigh 185 and do CrossFit 6 days a week. I wouldn't want to get in a ring with her because I have no skills whatsoever when it comes to fighting.

Yup.. basically the same here, but I"m around 220lb. I wouldn't want to get in a ring with someone that is trained regardless of the weight difference. My only advantage would be reach and trying to stay away from her.
Quote Reply
Re: MMA woman vs average Joe? [Garry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Untrained little guy loses most every time unless he can hit then he might do ok. A 200lb plus guy that can hit, probably wins majority. A guy over 200 that knows how to hit and defend himself is a scary individual. My dad always told me if the guy next to you in a bar has bigger wrists than you do, don't get into a bar fight with him.
Quote Reply
Re: MMA woman vs average Joe? [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My dad always told me if the guy next to you in a bar has bigger wrists than you do, don't get into a bar fight with him.

Your dad gave you sound advice.

Always check the forearms....

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They has some hot sex afterwards!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if I'm not mistaken her father is former cowboy qb Glen Canaro
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
https://youtu.be/od1EQaYP99o

I don't know shit about fighting. But it seems at the 27 sec mark the dude had the chicks head right there he could of easily put her in a choke hold, but he just sit there.
Quote Reply
Re: MMA woman vs average Joe? [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:

Close. Glenn Carano per wiki. ;)

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: MMA woman vs average Joe? [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I don't know shit about fighting. But it seems at the 27 sec mark the dude had the chicks head right there he could of easily put her in a choke hold, but he just sit there.

Well at the time what was he doing with his right arm and why?

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
getcereal wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Well at the time what was he doing with his right arm and why?

He was propping himself up a little but mostly it was a free arm, with one quick move he could've had his arm around her neck. No?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I don’t see any opportunity for him to sink a choke at around that time.

Not sure what you think he could have done there.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe one of the experts will tell us, but looks to me like she is lifting his left leg so if he moves for her neck with that arm, he's on his back. Not sure she wants that, but sitting on your ass is not a good position to be in. A grappling expert can tell us what "one quick move" by him in that position might have accomplished, but I think it would simply be over for him quicker.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Runguy wrote:

Close. Glenn Carano per wiki. ;)

well, to be fair to me he was kinda a spare qb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Maybe one of the experts will tell us, but looks to me like she is lifting his left leg

She was shelving his legs. This immobilizes his hips and limits his movement. Also made him base with his right hand.

His only chance (slim to none) to get a choke there is to use his arm around her neck.

A few problems with that.

He’d have no base for one. The biggest problem is that her head would be on his right side and her legs would be across his body on his left. It’s nearly impossible to finish the choke on a trained grappler from that position (untrained people tend to tap very quickly from just having their neck grabbed) and the dude would have set himself up to get Von Flue choked...

Quote:
Not sure she wants that, but sitting on your ass is not a good position to be in.

In a fight being on your ass is disadvantages but in a grappling match I can choke you to sleep and/or destroy every joint in you body from the seated position.

Quote:
A grappling expert can tell us what "one quick move" by him in that position might have accomplished,

His best option would be to push her head down toward his feet with his left hand, butt scoot back and try to establish his guard.

A high level (elite) grappler might have been able to spin underneath her for an anaconda or d’arce choke.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Aug 13, 18 13:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
Maybe one of the experts will tell us, but looks to me like she is lifting his left leg

She was shelving his legs. This immobilizes his hips and limits his movement. Also made him base with his right hand.

His only chance (slim to none) to get a choke there is to use his arm around her neck.

A few problems with that.

He’d have no base for one. The biggest problem is that her head would be on his right side and her legs would be across his body on his left. It’s nearly impossible to finish the choke on a trained grappler from that position (untrained people tend to tap very quickly from just having their neck grabbed) and the dude would have set himself up to get Von Flue choked...

Quote:
Not sure she wants that, but sitting on your ass is not a good position to be in.

In a fight being on your ass is disadvantages but in a grappling match I can choke you to sleep and/or destroy every joint in you body from the seated position.

Quote:
A grappling expert can tell us what "one quick move" by him in that position might have accomplished,

His best option would be to push her head down toward his feet with his left hand, butt scoot back and try to establish his guard.

A high level (elite) grappler might have been able to spin underneath her for an anaconda or d’arce choke.

One more question- Who do you think is going to have the bigger headache? The chick who got the back of the head slammed (good thing it wasn't on the street) with a big dude on top of her or the guy who was choking out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neither.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have zero doubt she would beat the hell out of me. I'm 6', 195, explosive/power athlete (snatch 240, front squat near dbl body weight) but have zero fighting skill. I'm WAY stronger than she is (Rousey) but it wouldn't matter. I assume she'd take the strength difference into account and simply wait for me to do something stupid and then end me.

I'm guessing that there are about 1% of females on this planet that could even come close to matching me physically (and I'm no NFL linebacker) which is really troubling to me as the father of 2 girls. Kind of makes me wonder why women aren't the biggest proponents of firearms for self defense?
Quote Reply

Prev Next