Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hydraulic Disc Brakes - Anyone using Quick Connector?
Quote | Reply
Anyone using or saw anything similar to what TRP done ?

Seem like very easy to mount and dismount disc brake systems for travelling.

Thoughts ?

Quote Reply
Re: Hydraulic Disc Brakes - Anyone using Quick Connector? [leontuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it available for purchase? I certainly couldn't locate it. It would eliminate a major reason I won't consider hydraulic brakes
Quote Reply
Re: Hydraulic Disc Brakes - Anyone using Quick Connector? [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got in touch with trp to get an update on that ...
Quote Reply
Re: Hydraulic Disc Brakes - Anyone using Quick Connector? [leontuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The beauty of hydro lines is that you can bend them all around and not have to worry about linking a cable, like with mechanical brakes. It makes traveling very easy since you can wrap the handle bars around the frame (mostly) however you want.

What bike/bar/brake system are you thinking about where you would need to quick disconnect the hose while traveling?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please let us know what you find out. I find this product interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Hydraulic Disc Brakes - Anyone using Quick Connector? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
The beauty of hydro lines is that you can bend them all around and not have to worry about linking a cable, like with mechanical brakes. It makes traveling very easy since you can wrap the handle bars around the frame (mostly) however you want.

What bike/bar/brake system are you thinking about where you would need to quick disconnect the hose while traveling?

I have a cervelo p5x and a canyon ultimate both with sram etap.

If i was able to disconnect, it would just be easier to pack the bike, that is why i am looking for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks handy and clever.

But, on the down side:
- a big bulky connector, more suitable for gravel or commuting vs TT
- less simplicity
- and 2 more new points of potential failure ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you would like to see how this is done at a high level check out Staubli connectors. They are what you would use in an industrial or motorsports application. If you have ever seen the LeMans cars change an engine in a couple minutes these are the connectors that allow them to do that. Or an F1 team change out a caliper without re-bleeding it.

They are not inexpensive, but boy are they impressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SRAM and Shimano have similar technologies:

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/technologies/connectamajig

Shimano Easy Hose Joint System
Quote Reply