Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Life Insurance - Vitality, Health IQ, or Someone Else
Quote | Reply
I am in the process of buying life insurance and I am curious if anyone has either purchased a Vitality product from John Hancock, or used Health IQ as a broker/agent.

Vitality promises savings (on premiums, on groceries, even on cruises) for those that exercise but I wonder if those are really meaningful. Years ago I remember getting an airline credit card that offered a free business class companion ticket but I had to pay twice as much for my ticket in order to get the free companion ticket (literally). The Vitality product is more expensive so the savings would have to be meaningful.

Health IQ promises savings for runners/triathletes etc. though my question is whether it is more of a gimmick than substance. I think what they really do is help athletes produce a better underwriting profile (which could be beneficial). The example that I have heard is that they help weightlifters improve an underwriting class if their weight might otherwise result in a higher premium. Based on a phone call that I have with Health IQ had it sounds like being a member of USAT may help me offset having a family member that had cancer.

I did a search here and found that someone asked about Health IQ about a year ago but received no replies. Maybe someone here has purchased life insurance since then.
Quote Reply
Re: Life Insurance - Vitality, Health IQ, or Someone Else [spcasey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can’t speak for vitality but I bought coverage through health IQ this year and it was cheaper than others that I looked at. They shopped for the best deal and had things done pretty fast. My mother had cancer and my grandmother did as well but that didn’t seem to be an issue. We went though the norm background then asked me a few questions about Triathlon and had me send in a race result then it was good to go after my blood work.

Again, not sure how the process compares to others but seemed quick and simple. I hope I never have to have my wife get the million in coverage I bought!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Life Insurance - Vitality, Health IQ, or Someone Else [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. That is helpful. I will try Health IQ. I even saw one of their ads here. when on the Forum page. Hopefully I will be fine as long as one of those crazy drivers doesn't run me off the road while I am biking.
Quote Reply