Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Favero Assioma [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
lol I completely okay then.

I bought the duo back in November. Absolutely love them. I did go with the Look Grey cleats as I read they fit very well and I don't have any problems clipping in or out.

Great pedals and great value.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
mickison wrote:
lol I completely okay then.

I bought the duo back in November. Absolutely love them. I did go with the Look Grey cleats as I read they fit very well and I don't have any problems clipping in or out.

Great pedals and great value.

cool. they sound promising and for dual sided a good price. I currently have stages PM (left side only) on two bikes and a 4ii on a 3rd. They've all been fine. The favero could easily be used for my TT and road bikes but I wouldn't put them on my gravel bike as I wear SPD shoes for those as certainly walking in gravel bike races is common and not pleasant in the look or spd-sl cleats.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To save on battery degradation, don't charge to 100% and don't let the battery die. I usually leave it between 50%-80%.

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [BuildingSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a stupid question. It seems that Assioma Duos have separate ANT+ ids for each pedal. When you pair it with your 520 - do you pick which one to pair with? Or do you only see 1 ANT+ id when pairing with a 520?

I am assuming that the similar logic would apply when setting a smart trainer to be controlled by your Assioma pedals... right?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [frebay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frebay wrote:
To save on battery degradation, don't charge to 100% and don't let the battery die. I usually leave it between 50%-80%.

Science/logic behind this?
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
When you pair it with your 520 - do you pick which one to pair with? Or do you only see 1 ANT+ id when pairing with a 520?
It they have 2 Ant+ IDs, I did not notice them. They paired just like any other device with my 520, 1030, and TrainerRoad.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Also have a Tesla, and they say never charge to 100%, so I just leave my favero's charged between 40-80% only.

IG -frebay | Strava
Last edited by: frebay: Mar 26, 19 15:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question. My existing vector 2 connect to my garmin 935 in 31st with no interaction required as son as cranks are turned and pedals wake up. Do the assiomos do the same?
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [jubbely] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Duos on the way for my new Canyon Speedmax.

Since I’ll be moving these pedals between my road and TT bikes does anybody have recommendations on a pair of non-power pedals that are cleanly compatible with the Xpedo cleats that come with the Assiomas? I’ll want to put these on whichever bike doesn’t have the Assiomas.

I suppose the alternative would be find some Look Keo cleats that work well with the Duos and just pickup a pair of Look Keo pedals.

-Todd
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [twheat18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xpedo pedals?

https://xpedo.com/...ategory/pedals/road/

Jon Ryder
RPM Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [jpryder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used Xpedo Thrust 8 Ti on my bikes before I got my DUOs and just moved those pedals to my trainer and use the same shoes, they use the same cleat
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like you need to pair them to the left pedal. All good here.

By any chance, do you know if installing them with Shimano cranks (ie Ultegra) would require a spacer? I don't think that the pedal threads are recessed, but just wanted to check....

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
By any chance, do you know if installing them with Shimano cranks (ie Ultegra) would require a spacer?
I have Red 22 cranks, so I don’t know. I don’t think you would need pedal washers with a Ultegra cranks. They are typically needed for carbon cranks, but not aluminum.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
alex_korr wrote:
By any chance, do you know if installing them with Shimano cranks (ie Ultegra) would require a spacer?

I have Red 22 cranks, so I don’t know. I don’t think you would need pedal washers with a Ultegra cranks. They are typically needed for carbon cranks, but not aluminum.

I have ultegra 9800 and have spacers on it.

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma [davedaprato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Assioma sounds like something you get removed in an out patient surgery after the creams and lotions prove ineffective.
What color ribbon do you wear for Assioma awareness?
I heard you had a Favero Assioma. Yeah, I got it from this Italian guy. Hurt like hell, it was a duo.

Other than that I'm sure they're great.
Quote Reply

Prev Next