Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Batteries
Quote | Reply
I usually buy the 2032 batteries from amazon in packs of 10 or so. However lately I seem to be changing them out of my power meter every couple of weeks. When I install a new battery i’m Sometimes seeing they are already at 50%. I think this is probably due to me paying the cheap price on amazon from some shady retailer. So Where does everyone shop to get quality batteries? Or do you just deal with the problem because the price is so good? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Batteries [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm using swiss made renata batteries, same ones that P2M uses in their non rechargeable powermeters. My experience with them is nothing short of excellent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use these and have never had issue

Energizer CR2032 3 Volt Lithium Coin Battery 10 Pack (2x5 Pack) In Original Packaging https://www.amazon.com/...cp_api_9LDzBbBE1B7F4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Digi-key is pretty much guaranteed to move their stock quickly enough that you will not get 'stale' cells. Plus, as an actual electronics shipping house, you are very unlikely to get counterfeit or repackaged stock. Unfortunately they are currently out of their bulk packaged batteries, because those start at $0.34 per cell.

The above link is for the Energizers but they currently carry Energizer, FDK and Panasonic... based on personal experience the Energizers stand out way above almost all the others.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Re: Batteries [surrey85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lithium coin cell batteries like the 2032 will have a shelf life of about 10 years if stored at room temps. They typically loose about 1% of their capacity per year. 10 years you should still have 90% capacity. In the battery world about 80% capacity is typically called end of life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Battery retailers on amazon are shady. They overstate capacity all the time. 3000 mah is code word for 1000 mah. They know people wouldn't test it. Most wouldn't know how. Look for 1 star reviews when buying batteries. You see a few techies and engineers who actually tested these claims and found them bogus.

So what's to be done? Buy Japanese made batteries, and buy direct from amazon. You could still get old stock for example, but that's your best bet.

Do not buy cheap Chinese batteries. They are literally lying on the specs, and they usually have no overcurrent or overheating protection.
Quote Reply