Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Norseman 2018 will be live today USA time. Get ready for some slow TV ;-)
Quote | Reply
Slow TV was invented in Norway.
But not all slow TVs are created equal.

Norseman will be live again this year and it is perfect to watch. Nothing is better than to watch slow moving people in the beautiful Norwegian mountains.

Here you have the link https://nxtri.com/

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/nxtri

Enjoy
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2018 will be live today USA time. Get ready for some slow TV ;-) [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Some pictures from last year
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2018 will be live today USA time. Get ready for some slow TV ;-) [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And they are off.

The swim look really nice this year.
17 degrees so the fjord is in good mood :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its good to see that some of the swimmers have form as bad as mine!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you just get a shout-out ?
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2018 will be live today USA time. Get ready for some slow TV ;-) [Double-Double] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that was me.

I know Dag and many in the race crew.
I raced in 2013 and was support last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The fastest swimmer is a Norwegian that swam for Standford.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for posting!
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2018 will be live today USA time. Get ready for some slow TV ;-) [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
theres only 440 people watching right now. the coverage is fantastic for that viewer base.

Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2018 will be live today USA time. Get ready for some slow TV ;-) [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first 5k of the bike is flat.
But it is a lot to gain if you know it. You can actually push hard.

The climb is both on the main road and on the narrow old road.
It is really scenic.

It is a 1300m vertical climb the first 40k.

It is easy to follow this live leaderboard here http://events.racetracker.no/...ri/results/#1_C5A46C
Last edited by: Halvard: Aug 3, 18 21:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks warm~ish? At least compared to last year's Alaskaman, looks like both water and air are significantly warmer. People are gloveless and I even see some skin on the bike.

Having flashbacks of trying to ride away from Chaffin...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The water this year is warm, 17C.

T1 is usually not too cold. You also start climbing early.
But the weather is changing when you are getting higher up in elevation.
You bike over a plateau where you cannot hide from wind or temperatur.
Also, you are warm from climbing when the colder weather hits you.

Every year is different and the weather can change several time during the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:

Every year is different and the weather can change several time during the race.

EXTREEEEEME!

Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2018 will be live today USA time. Get ready for some slow TV ;-) [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The leaders are now above the tree limit and the weather will be colder. After what I can see it is around 48F where they are right now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great coverage. Harry W seems to be pushing hard on the bike? Honestly I dont see him finishing higher than maybe 3-4th. Also abit surprising to see him 40 sec down on the swim leader ravnan (although I know He is a killer swimmer - but not too long since Harry battled for the swim prime in Kona?)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
The fastest swimmer is a Norwegian that swam for Standford.

Is that a sister school of “Stanford”?
Quote Reply
Re: Norseman 2018 will be live today USA time. Get ready for some slow TV ;-) [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The coverage is really excellent! Hoping to get myself together for Thor-X in 2020. (But it seems females might have a tiny advantage in the lottery? Did I get that correctly from Dag?). I suck at starting swims where I have to jump in, though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now you can watch all of the 13 hours on Youtube.
Have a nice Sunday.
https://www.youtube.com/...jb7HfK2e4E&t=18s
Quote Reply