Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Steelhead Pro Field. Who’s going to win!
Quote | Reply
Men. Starkly, Hanson, Gambles, Butterfield, Laundry. Women. Jackson, Kaye, Haskins, Findlay.
Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Pro Field. Who’s going to win! [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great field!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hanson and Jackson

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Pro Field. Who’s going to win! [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas. You need to come back to Steelhead and beat these guys! Z
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Starky and Jackson have won every 70.3 I've attended so I'll go with them. Steelhead last year, Chatty this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like HoJack is the clear favorite for the women. I’m torn between Starky and Hanson, but I’ll have to go with Starky.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Pro Field. Who’s going to win! [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just noticed that this will be the 5th race in 2018 between Starky and Hanson (IM Texas, 70.3’s in CDA, Choo, and Texas).

Saw they raced each other at Steelhead last year as well. I’m sure they’re getting to know each other pretty well on the race course

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Pro Field. Who’s going to win! [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With Eric's injury, hard to think he's got the run to win. If he did, i think he'd have chance.

I'm going Paula Findley for the women, Hansen for the men. Starky's going to put 5'+ into that group but see Hansen getting it back by 10-11 miles into the run. Starky has a chance, but picking Hansen FTW.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Last edited by: Brandes: Aug 3, 18 12:21
Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Pro Field. Who’s going to win! [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’d love to see Paula win - nothing against Heather, but how great to see Paula’s second act?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Steelhead Pro Field. Who’s going to win! [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your are correct that Heather seems to be the favorite on the women's side. The one unknown is Sarah Haskins - she has not done a IM 70.3 in awhile, but has the talent to win at this distance. I'm going out on a limb and say that Starky will set a new bike course record (it's a new bike course this year and he has the old bike course record at Steelhead), but it be enough to hold off Hanson? I'm looking forward to being at the finish line to see what happens next weekend!

I will also predict that Starky will go under 2 hours on this new bike course! (if conditions are good)

Z
Quote Reply