Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rinny & Tim [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Can't be bothered arguing" proceeds to continue arguing and then attempts to be funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [Bosox99104] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bosox99104 wrote:
"Can't be bothered arguing" proceeds to continue arguing and then attempts to be funny.

My thoughts exactly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Bosox99104 wrote:
So it's passive aggressive to call out a bunch of keyboard warriors, give them context as to the work that he's put out, while still remaining open to criticism? He posted his phone number to a public forum, that's a bit more than "say that to my face," that's literally providing the opportunity to contact him. Which, I might add, you can do via instagram. I've commented a few times and he responds

Lol, there is always one....

Really can’t be bothered arguing with you about this. Putting up his number was clearly a ‘I dare you move’ that is essentially pointless. Hell I think Transformers was one of the worst franchise of movies ever made-doesn’t mean I want to call the director and complain 🙄

Why does he want people to call him when he can just as easily get their feedback online? It’s because he doesn’t, it was just an overly sensitive comment in the heat of the moment I’m guessing.

Anyway thanks for the chat Talbot (or Talbots mom?)

You really are acting like a dick
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [WhittleFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WhittleFit wrote:
Bosox99104 wrote:

My thoughts exactly!

Lol
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the breakdown of what each show is focused on. I have been hooked since I stumbled upon some great Kona footage last year. Rinny inspires my wife, a mother of two, to keep training so she is glued to every episode. Glad you get to do what you love.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
dunno wrote:
Bosox99104 wrote:
So it's passive aggressive to call out a bunch of keyboard warriors, give them context as to the work that he's put out, while still remaining open to criticism? He posted his phone number to a public forum, that's a bit more than "say that to my face," that's literally providing the opportunity to contact him. Which, I might add, you can do via instagram. I've commented a few times and he responds

Really can’t be bothered arguing with you about this. Putting up his number was clearly a ‘I dare you move’ that is essentially pointless. Hell I think Transformers was one of the worst franchise of movies ever made-doesn’t mean I want to call the director and complain 🙄

Why does he want people to call him when he can just as easily get their feedback online? It’s because he doesn’t, it was just an overly sensitive comment in the heat of the moment I’m guessing.

Anyway thanks for the chat Talbot (or Talbots mom?)

Seriously. I see putting his number out there as a sincere "I want to talk about what you don't like" Yes you can take criticism on a forum, but there is not context, and then no further discussion. A quick chat can reveal what the audience doesn't like, and what they would prefer instead. I personally find it pretty ballsy to post your number to a public forum.

There are two ways to look at every situation or action. I'm a positive person who tries to think that others are out for good things and positive results, unless something suggests otherwise. People tend to see others in their own frame of reference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully you’ll see this before they run you off from this thread. Here is my small piece of feedback, not content related.

Is there any way to better balance the sound volume? I’ll have to turn the volume way up to hear an interview segment, then when it cuts to new scene with music it will be super loud. I’m turning volume up and down constantly as I’m watching why my daughter is in bed.

I understand it can be difficult to capture good voice audio, but an attempt to balance the levels in post would be helpful, in my opinion. Keep up the good work.

Team Zoot - Great Lakes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:

It's not one. Just one responding to your silly interpretation to his response.

If you listen to Talbot's podcast interview on the the Fat Black (https://www.trispecific.com/fb-258-talbot-cox/) he's doing everything he can to be the best he can be at his job. Including asking for feedback on this forum and Instagram. I love his motivation, dedication, and drive to keep improving. So looking forward to the Kona content this year.

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Last edited by: nbrowne1: Aug 3, 18 9:50
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
I'll probably get roasted for this but I've watched several of them and find them to be terribly uninteresting. Very different from Gwen's videos which I always find worth watching.

I'll watch both. But I'm an American. I could be entertained by a reality show about grilled cheese.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
vittorio wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
Lionel had a channel with over 12k subscribers, he didn't need to hire Talbot, what he needed to do was post content.

That's exactly what he intends to do by hiring Talbot. Good content doesn't produce itself and there's a big difference between the work of a pro and Erin's (all due respect).

I disagree completely. The point of Vlogging is you do everything yourself. You can only train so much in a day, he can easily edit a bunch of footage himself and has done in the past. Good content is about the person and not the editor when it comes to youtube. Talbot's very good at what he does, but Lionel only needed to provide semi decent content...oh and drone shots are so overplayed.

My guess is, Lionel knows he won't take the time to capture the content. And who could blame him? If I trained like that guy, I wouldn't even have enough energy to eat. So kudos to him on contracting someone to get the job done and document the process.

Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
I don't really follow Jan enough to know if a youtube channel would show us his personality. However, a Sebastian Kienle channel would be fun.

Totally agree.

Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
a reality show about grilled cheese.

Brilliant!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
I agree with your thoughts on Lionels page. I would text them all the time to keep uploading stuff. Even to the point Erin and him went out and bought a camera. I think its just people don't enjoy editing or have the time to try and capture content.

This is exactly what I was assuming. He really wanted to document the process, but just wasn't willing/able to see it through. Thus, hire someone to do it. Brilliant.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Thanks for all the positive comments and all the negative comments. They all mean a lot because they all help. I started off this journey making absolutely no money and now making a living doing it. If any of you have any comments for feed back feel free to give me a call directly and tell me on the phone +1 405 626 2816. Anyone can type words behind a computer. Im open to positive and negative feedback it all helps and I take notes on everything.

Tim and Rinny Show: Take advantage of tourism departments and show destonation races. Less about racing.

Lionel: Lionel and erin just did not have time to edit videos. I pushed them all the time to do more. We decided to colab. But we are actually just documenting for a future project. Thats why its a bit more professional.

Gwen: Just show the journey. We don't like shoe review videos its just requested the most. But mainly just pushing content to show the journey.

Thanks a million for the feedback and im glad most of yall are watching.

Love the content, specially how each of the above seem to have a different approach.

I agree the T&R show is mundane at times, but isn't that real life? I like that their race reviews aren't always, "I was feeling awesome, and then I got more awesome, only to find out I am the most awesome." You can sometimes see their own fear and self-doubt about racing and training. We all have it no matter the level.

I watch Lionel and I just want to train and run through walls. That guy inspires me.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [nbrowne1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man very true. I am a listener for sure. If I thought I was the best at what I did I would be in Hollywood. haha Instead I am taking pictures of people in spandex haha. Thats why I call my self a content creator. Not a professional Photographer or videographer. I will leave that to the pros like Nils, Korupt Vision, James Ect.

I also want to thank the 3 people that called me and gave me some great feedback. Especially on Tim and Rinnys Channel, and my audio levels on videos. I am looking to make the best content possible as a one man team.

Looking forward to pushing you guys some epic content for KONA. Stay tuned. I plan on relying on you guys for the athlete questions. I should have a schedule here pretty soon. I also will be doing a ton of give aways. Trek Speed Concept to Wetsuits and also even a 2019 Ironman Entry to a race thats not sold out. :)

Feel free to reach out or light me up after any video you like or dont like. It all helps. I analyze what you guys say, Youtube analytics, as well as video avg watch time. I take all of those back to the drawling board to create more engaging content.

Also its not all about videos. A big thing the athletes hire me to do is capture Photos for their sponsors to use and help promote them and have a classy non selfie instagram feed. This is what Jan does as well. We call this a content pool. This is to give back to the sponsors and avoid weekly photoshoots that take time away from training. It would be hard to do this with "Vlogging your self type videos" We like to call it more of a knock off reality show and less a Youtube vlog. I would love to see all the athletes VLOG but I dont think they have the time, energy, personality, or creative skill set. Not everyone is Eric Lagertrom. He will even tell you its pretty hard.

Feel free to check out the media pools. Totally stole this idea from Redbull. Hoping to provide high quality media to Sponsors, Press, and Race Promoters. Feel free to use any of these images because they all promote the athletes.

https://www.gwenjorgensenmedia.com/
https://www.timandrinnyshow.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [ctree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree, and maybe more of the story that interests me is Rinny's comeback from pregnancy and both parents juggling their new responsibilities with Izzy.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
dunno wrote:
Bosox99104 wrote:

On reflection you are probably right and I may have misinterpreted Talbots intentions-it’s rare for anyone to actual seek out direct criticism so my bad and apologies Talbot 😳
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:

Looking forward to pushing you guys some epic content for KONA. Stay tuned. I plan on relying on you guys for the athlete questions. I should have a schedule here pretty soon. I also will be doing a ton of give aways. Trek Speed Concept to Wetsuits and also even a 2019 Ironman Entry to a race thats not sold out. :)

As I'm in need of a new bike...you can draw my name.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree with this. Lagerstrom has it figured out and Cox's videos are all sizzle no steak.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s too bad Lagerstrom’s videos don’t typically get a ton of views. That guy deserves more exposure.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if we're going down this route, the Vegan Cyclist's videos are incredibly entertaining. Same with Phil Gaimon's stuff. Granted, both of these guys are cyclists, but the amount of work both of them put into actually providing solid, watchable content is apparent in the finished product.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey no worries man. I love it. Reach out any time you have advice. I am always open to hearing feedback. We never stop learning hey.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny & Tim [bretzky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes Eric does have the Quality side figured out but not the content side. I agree his videos are great but the interest is low. He will tell you this as well. He is going for art. Not views. I have spoke with him many times. I am going to content and quantity. I can easily spend hours and hours and thousands of dollars on production but its going to be few episodes and less content.

You have to weigh the odds. I am doing what a guy named Casey niesat told me on the phone when i told him my idea. "Just Keep Uploading" he said quantity over quality is what grows a following. These are not productions like erics films these are just home made videos with some copyright free music. :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next