Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit
Quote | Reply
Big props to Emilio for adding the 400 Mile Bibs to the kit! The image isn't right yet

Now, for all of you who, like I did, said you'd buy this if Emilio added the 400 Mile Bibs, the time to step up is now.

I bought 2 bibs and a jersey.

Gauntlet thrown.

Edit to add link: https://www.desotosport.com/collections/slowtwitch
Last edited by: FatandSlow: Aug 1, 18 17:08
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No link?
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just made my Tri-kit order yesterday and I don't think I can get another one past the wife. Especially because I told her I had a 35% discount code but failed to mention that it only applied to some of the items I was buying.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was talking to my dad when he was over and he’s like what are they 50 bucks. I laughed quite a bit on that one . First he should know I never buy anything cheap and second come in now I probably couldn’t go to Walmart and get bike shorts for 50 bucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is the link to the 400-Mile Bibshorts:

https://www.desotosport.com/...bib-short-slowtwitch

Use the code slowmanline35 to get 35% off.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are great shorts. It's unfortunate that they only last 400 miles.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
squid wrote:
These are great shorts. It's unfortunate that they only last 400 miles.

End thread.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At $215 they should last forever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love desoto quality but I don’t want to look like I came out of a candy shop
Last edited by: KingMidas: Aug 2, 18 17:56
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taking nothing away from Emilio's products - which are backed by the absolute best customer service - but the idea you have to pay a lot is not always true. Case in point is the 5 pair of Voler cycling shorts I have which are all probably 5 years old with weekly use and washing. I wash them after each ride with standard detergent and hang dry them. Two of them are starting to show some wear and will be tossed, but the other 3 have minimal wear beyond fading. I paid less than $40 for each of them and in the time I have had them have cycled through many more pairs of expensive shorts/bibs.

Usually you expect better quality when you pay more, but it's not always the case.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
Taking nothing away from Emilio's products - which are backed by the absolute best customer service - but the idea you have to pay a lot is not always true. Case in point is the 5 pair of Voler cycling shorts I have which are all probably 5 years old with weekly use and washing. I wash them after each ride with standard detergent and hang dry them. Two of them are starting to show some wear and will be tossed, but the other 3 have minimal wear beyond fading. I paid less than $40 for each of them and in the time I have had them have cycled through many more pairs of expensive shorts/bibs.

Usually you expect better quality when you pay more, but it's not always the case.

I agree with this. I do really like Desoto products though. I do really like the padding in their tri shorts. It's definitely been trial and error for me with other brands. LG bike shorts have typically been good for me and not overly expensive. But then tri shorts I've had poorer results with other brands. I don't always think you have to spend $100+ on bike or tri shorts to get decent quality but I've been happy with my Desoto products. I do tend to save them for races or just long training days. Shorter stuff I will fall back to cheaper shorts that are fine for shorter things
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I said, taking nothing away from DeSoto. I love their tri shorts and all have held up well. If not, Emilio takes care of it.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got my order in. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Emilio Just Added the 400 Mile Bibs to the Slowtwitch Limited Team Kit [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
flynnzu wrote:

I agree with this. I do really like Desoto products though. I do really like the padding in their tri shorts. It's definitely been trial and error for me with other brands. LG bike shorts have typically been good for me and not overly expensive. But then tri shorts I've had poorer results with other brands. I don't always think you have to spend $100+ on bike or tri shorts to get decent quality but I've been happy with my Desoto products. I do tend to save them for races or just long training days. Shorter stuff I will fall back to cheaper shorts that are fine for shorter things

I agree. This will be my 4th DeSoto kit. I just ditched the California Dreaming kit last year. What's that, 7 or 8 years of use? His pad and 1 other company's work for me. I'm not mentioning them because this thread is about DeSoto. The 35% off gets the bibs to 140. Very, very reasonable. I have or have had Voler, Pearl Izumi, Hincapie, Champion Systems, Castelli, Sugoi, Rapha, Assos, Louis Garneau and others. Their pads don't work for me. With the exception of the last 2 years, I spend over 400 hrs/yr on my bike. Comfort counts.
Quote Reply