Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Full Sleeve Helix vs. Reaction
Quote | Reply
I am thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these two wetsuits. Budget is not really a factor between them, but I do want to figure out what is best for me. On one hand, I know that the Helix has much love here. The Reaction is loved as well. One thing throwing me off is the reverse zipper. I really have to pull up my old zipper on my "normal" zipper wetsuit, and it seems like the reverse zipper on the Helix could be a PITA to put on unassisted. Does anyone have first-hand commentary on the Helix's reverse zipper?

Next, I have read some comments that state the penultimate wetsuit models are actually the fastest for many swimmers. I am a strong MOP swimmer-- around 1:35 /100yd in the Gulf Coast 70.3 wetsuit swim. So, would the 2nd tier Reaction be a better selection for an ordinary AOS swimmer?
Last edited by: exxxviii: Aug 1, 18 18:59
Quote Reply
Re: Full Sleeve Helix vs. Reaction [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My last wetsuit was a Helix and the reverse zipper is fine. It is actually nice not having the extra around your collar and getting it on and off is no more difficult once you get used to it. As for the Helix I think it better suits a stronger swimmer as I don't think the buoyancy is as good as my new Huub Albacore. That being said I prefer the feeling of swimming in my new wetsuit but haven't seen much difference on the clock.
Quote Reply
Re: Full Sleeve Helix vs. Reaction [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW and not your question, but the new Fusion is as fast (if not faster) for me as older Helix or current Reaction. They have packed a lot of nice features in this suit in what so far seems to be a bit more durable package. I swim OW frequently so my suits get high use, also a MOP/AOS.

I think high end suit features often miss the mark in terms of ROI for MOB folks even strong MOP folks. For me it is a wash in terms of speed, so I like the idea of essentially getting >2 suits for the price of one factoring in durability. Great suits and company all around, so if you have a good fit they will work well.
Quote Reply