Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [12duramax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Runner's World awarded "shoe of the year" to the Reebok Runfast.
https://www.runnersworld.com/...tride-run-fast-shoe/
Incredibly, you can hardly find it anywhere, even on Reebok's site.
I bought a pair from them
https://www.reebok.com/...run-fast/CN4680.html
(note how there are hardly any sizes available).

Ran in them today and they are really good IMO. Heel cup is super secure; you fit "in" vs "on" the shoe. The feel of the shoe is super lively vs the Peg Turbo which felt muted to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12duramax wrote:
I'm doing some of my long runs in the pegasus turbo and really like them . It's the closest thing that I've found to the original hoka 1.

I've started using them myself. They're nice (nicer enough than the 35s I got as a sizing test that those are now my walking shoes), but they don't feel as nice as my FreedomISOs, especially in terms of how smooth I feel running in them. If I could find a set of Vaporflys I'd try them, but I keep missing the sales and don't want to encourage the scalpers.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12duramax wrote:
I'm doing some of my long runs in the pegasus turbo and really like them . It's the closest thing that I've found to the original hoka 1.

Yeah same. Normally run long in my Cliftons, but did 30km in my new Peg Turbos and they went really well. I'll probably race Ironman in them in December. Although I have some Vaporflys on order too, arriving tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[quote twain
Ran in them today and they are really good IMO. Heel cup is super secure; you fit "in" vs "on" the shoe. The feel of the shoe is super lively vs the Peg Turbo which felt muted to me.[/quote]
What would you say about the cushion? I'm tempted, but am wondering if there's enough for me -- my sense from the specs is that they might be in the ballpark of the Adidas Boston?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twain wrote:
So Runner's World awarded "shoe of the year" to the Reebok Runfast.

Another shoe stupidly limited to size 13 as the biggest
Quote Reply
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
12duramax wrote:

I've started using them myself. They're nice (nicer enough than the 35s I got as a sizing test that those are now my walking shoes), but they don't feel as nice as my FreedomISOs, especially in terms of how smooth I feel running in them. If I could find a set of Vaporflys I'd try them, but I keep missing the sales and don't want to encourage the scalpers.

Shameless plug
Selling a pair of 10.5’s in the classifieds for $250 plus shipping. PM me if that size works for you.
Last edited by: ffmedic84: Oct 23, 18 17:49
Quote Reply
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [dand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dand wrote:
[quote twain
Ran in them today and they are really good IMO. Heel cup is super secure; you fit "in" vs "on" the shoe. The feel of the shoe is super lively vs the Peg Turbo which felt muted to me.

What would you say about the cushion? I'm tempted, but am wondering if there's enough for me -- my sense from the specs is that they might be in the ballpark of the Adidas Boston?[/quote]
Rear foot cushion felt great. Forefoot wasn't as much but that gave it the lively feel. Compared to Hokkas where my forefoot/toes can't really discern a curb or road texture.

Runner's World included the Boston's in a comparison with the Reebok FloatRide
https://www.runnersworld.com/...eight-running-shoes/

To be clear, I'm not a fan of Hokka's or the new Peg Turbo. I tend toward more feel and less cushion (a la, the Pegasus 33 and earlier).
These Reeboks feel great so far.
Though it is just bizarre how they are so hard to find. Weird.
Interestingly, Reebok is owned by adidas.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Related Question : I want to buy Vaporflys but have to do it on ebay - they are never sold in HK and I’m unliely to win the release lottery.

I am not sure what size to buy - do the vaporflys and the zoom flys and the pegasus all fit the same way - i.e. if I go to the Nike store and try on some Nike running shoes do they fit consistently across different models?

If I try on Pegasus turbo and I’m 11.5 am I 11.5 in Zoomfly?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have both and 11.5 in both fit perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks -- seemed like they had all sizes in stock a while ago, but they were always excluded from promo. Will keep an eye out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For those that are planning to buy direct from Nike, raise.com has Nike.com gift cards at a 9.1% discount right now. I have bought from raise.com before and never had any problems, they stand behind the gift cards that they sell. Worth checking out to save a few bucks on these crazy expensive vaporfly shoes (if they ever get back in stock).
Quote Reply
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree. Not many of us seem to have this issue so they don't care.
Quote Reply
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to buy a pair of Vaporflys , I'm usually between 9.5 and 10 for most running shoes. I can't try them before buying. Can you guys guide me how they actually fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [Jonny89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried on zoomfly Flyknit. I then bought a pair of vaporfly 4 percent and a pair of vaporfly 4 percent Flyknit on stock x

I am size 11. They all fit fine

Go to nike store. Try on zoomflys. Order away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm usually 11.5 or 11 in running shoes, and am 11 in 4% flyknit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same except I'm always an 11.5, but was 11 in 4%.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonny89 wrote:
I'm looking to buy a pair of Vaporflys , I'm usually between 9.5 and 10 for most running shoes. I can't try them before buying. Can you guys guide me how they actually fit?

The 4% have a slightly lower volume forefoot. I was an easy 9.5 in ZoomFly Knit and order 9.5 and 10 in the 4%. The 10 was a much better fit, especially with socks for longer runs. If I was to use it just as a 5k shoe I could use the 9.5, but the 10 is much better all round fit for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What shoes have you worn in the past?

My recent shoes
Altra Escalante 9
Altra Olympus Version 1 9.5
Merrel Bare Access 9
Nike Zoom Fly Version 1 9.5
Nike Vaporfly 4% Version 1 9.0

I tried both the for V2 of the 4% I tried both the 9 and the 9.5. The 9 in 4% V1 and 9.5 in 4% V2 were the same when I put them side by side. I liked how the 9.5 fit when I was just standing (more tie box room). However when I ran my heel kept slipping in the 9.5. That combined with that I was going to wear them sockless had me going with the 9. The fit was is little tighter/smaller than any of the shoes in the list above, but I think the flexibility of the knit upper will kind of make up for it

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now I have,

Saucony Kinvara 5 - 10
Skechers gorun 3 - 9.5
Mizuno Prorunner - 10
NB Zante v1 - 10

Have used Kinvara's 3 in 9.5 without issues also...

I'll try to go to some nike store and try some Zoom flys and Peg turbo and decide after that!

Thanks for the answers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wore version 1 of the Kinvara in 9.5 once upon a time

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Vaporfly 4% vs Zoom Pegasus Turbo vs Zoomfly [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this back up to crowd source a bit.
Curious if anyone out there dealt with forefoot hotspots/ blisters from the Zoom Fly, but has been OK in the Vaporfly 4%?

I tried the Zoom Flys last year in an Ironman, and ended up with such massive blisters on the balls of my feet after just 8 miles or so that I changed my shoes out at Special Needs and still had to stop at medics 2-3 times during the race to have my feet treated just so I could limp to the finish, and then couldn't swim, bike, or run for 8 days because the blisters were so bad.

I'm still intrigued by the 4%'s - but wondering if there's anything in the construction / design that is different enough from the Zoom Flys that I could have a bit of confidence that the blisters wouldn't happen again.

Anyone have similar experiences/ insights? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply

Prev Next