Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
Jackets wrote:
tessar wrote:
I don't think Frodeno minds a foot-race against Lange these days. That's pretty much exactly what he was aiming for in Frankfurt, before annihilating the Kona champ on the marathon.

Didn't Mark Allen used to spank Dave Scott all over the Circuit back in the day then come Kona he'd end up being Dave's bitch?

Not saying its exactly like for like but im sure you get my point.

Im sure Gomez throws an entirely new dimention to the run in Kona this year anyway.

Except A) Frodeno lost once to Lange so far, on his worst-ever Kona performance - so if anything, Frodo is the "Scott" and Lange the "Allen", and B) I don't think Americans understand the prestige Frankfurt holds for German athletes.

Gomez only has one IM under his belt which went similar to Frodeno's first, so who knows. Frodeno wasn't quite the same calibre of ITU competitor, but that doesn't mean they'll be ranked similarly at the Ironman distance.

Doesn't Lange have a better run split (sure he broke the run split record) than Frodo last time Frodo won Kona?

I think Frodo would be very concered if he came out of T2 with Lange, I know for certain he would if he came out with Gomez.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
tessar wrote:
Jackets wrote:
tessar wrote:
I don't think Frodeno minds a foot-race against Lange these days. That's pretty much exactly what he was aiming for in Frankfurt, before annihilating the Kona champ on the marathon.

Didn't Mark Allen used to spank Dave Scott all over the Circuit back in the day then come Kona he'd end up being Dave's bitch?

Im sure Gomez throws an entirely new dimention to the run in Kona this year anyway.

Except A) Frodeno lost once to Lange so far, on his worst-ever Kona performance - so if anything, Frodo is the "Scott" and Lange the "Allen", and B) I don't think Americans understand the prestige Frankfurt holds for German athletes.

Gomez only has one IM under his belt which went similar to Frodeno's first, so who knows. Frodeno wasn't quite the same calibre of ITU competitor, but that doesn't mean they'll be ranked similarly at the Ironman distance.

Doesn't Lange have a better run split (sure he broke the run split record) than Frodo last time Frodo won Kona?

I think Frodo would be very concered if he came out of T2 with Lange, I know for certain he would if he came out with Gomez.

Patrick Lange set the course record last year...he set the Kona Marathon record in '16 and his '17 marathon is the second fastest. So the idea that he shouldn't be favored to defend is kind of dumb.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Jackets wrote:
tessar wrote:
Jackets wrote:
tessar wrote:

Patrick Lange set the course record last year...he set the Kona Marathon record in '16 and his '17 marathon is the second fastest. So the idea that he shouldn't be favored to defend is kind of dumb.

Except he just lost head to head with Frodo at Frankfurt

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
Did he even do upper body weights? I haven't for twenty years and I am naturally solid and carry upper body muscle I would love to lose. It seems diet is a big part with people going vegetarian makes a big difference. I saw a picture of him on my facebook feed tucking into two bowls of salad and he looks gaunt.

If he's been deadlifting (which I believe he mentioned in a video), he's been doing upper body. And lower body. And whole body.

Shambolic wrote:
he looms to have gone full vege to me especially looking at his face.

"Face of a vegan." Title if someone's (auto) biography sometime in the near future.

Brandes wrote:
Serious question

Is there any information on Frodo's weight last year compared to previous years? Ive seen these comments a lot and wondered if i missed any factual proof that he was lighter compared to previous years.

Of course not. All this vegan and body weight/BF% talk is the usual ST BS. To even engage would be madness. See them throwing all sorts of hypothesis for Frodo's mishap last year and ignoring that he was clearly (and admittedly) injured even before the gun went off. Shrug.

oscaro wrote:
one of the things that has made Froome successful is being near race weight all year so he doesn't have to do heavy cutting a few weeks before. Really don't see an issue.

We know from their own accounts that with the US Postal diet of test and HGH Armstrong and Hamilton had to literally starve themselves and fill their stomachs with water to get by and hit their race weight. Good thing today's methods improved so much that athletes can be not only in race shape half 3 months off, but even year-round. Naturally.

Thank you for pulling random snippets used in running conversations mostly from page one out of a six page thread making them out of context and then adding your baseless opinions. Everything is now so much clearer...
Last edited by: Shambolic: Aug 6, 18 16:46
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Except he just lost head to head with Frodo at Frankfurt

I don't think at this point in the season head to head matters that much. Just be qualified for Kona and stay in shape.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Enlighthen me. Is it good to be that skinny so far out from Kona? Just thinking if it is increasing his risk of illness/injury?

Good point. Risk of injury probably not even though it is possible, but maybe too fit too soon? Which could lead to injury I guess. He doesn't seem to have any problem with injuries though, he is built like a bull.
The question is, can he sustain this level of fitness to Kona? He probably has some key sessions that he will put in at the right time, so he'll still have a margin of improvement.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
Thank you for pulling random snippets used in running conversations mostly from page one out of a six page thread making them out of context and then adding your baseless opinions. Everything is now so much clearer...
The irony.
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Shambolic wrote:
Did he even do upper body weights? I haven't for twenty years and I am naturally solid and carry upper body muscle I would love to lose. It seems diet is a big part with people going vegetarian makes a big difference. I saw a picture of him on my facebook feed tucking into two bowls of salad and he looks gaunt.

I'm pretty sure he did a bunch of weightlifting before triathlon, but I'm not 100% positive. I did a bunch when I was younger to be a better sprint freestyler and was also ROTC (push up hell) and still carry around a lot of extra pectoral mass at age 45 that is stupid-looking when running .

Kids, don't do drugs. And don't do tons of upper body work to impress the ladies if you want to go pro in tri. It's all about the bike-run, not the swim. ;)

Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sander....skinny! [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlyraD wrote:
If it makes you feel better, I got destroyed by a 13 year old girl yesterday. . .

Motivation

Double post and don't care haha I also got passed by an entire girls middle school cross country team in a 15k once. I was dying - they were talking about how some boy was being dumb because he liked 2 girls. Not even out of breath. Laughing even.

My ego took a nosedive off the "wont recover tree", hit every branch on the way down, shattered when it hit the ground, then got pee'd on by a dog, some ate by a small squirrel, and then the wind blew the pieces away never to be seen again
Quote Reply

Prev Next