Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race metrics
Quote | Reply
Wondering what sort of metrics you value as far as looking at race data after the race. Now that I have power there’s all sorts of stuff to look at from the bike. I’m curious to see my HR stuff from the run. No idea in the swim since I’m not swimming with a watch and course distances are so funky - I generally hope to compare to other folks I know.

What do you pay special attention to?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Race metrics [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Stryd PM, so I also look at run power. I compare power to HR on both bike & run to assess my power efficiency compared to prior activities. I also look at average cadence on both bike and run relative to prior efforts. I have a relative sweet spot relationship between power, cadence, and HR on both. If I am having a bad race, heat is up, hilly, or something else, it breaks down the relationship. I am curious to see how my core metrics change relative to past.
Quote Reply
Re: Race metrics [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like that HR to power idea.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course like anything it is GIGO. Wrist HRM must not have been working when I raced this course in June - it has me at like 92 BPM on the bike. This weekend it was 153.

I think the run data is better - I was faster in June with a 175 average where this weekend was only 170. Problem is, with crap data I don't know if a higher bike HR had anything to do with it.

GIGO

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply