Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: No IM Canada thread ? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
While I generally agree that the maps are kinda shitty it could be (and should have been) figured out. It wasn’t that difficult to do. I never assume SN will be at miles 56 and 13. No reason they couldn’t be, but just knowing wag loop was 34ish miles was enough to know that’s it wouldn’t be 56

Also this is where Facebook groups shine. Both the formal and informal groups Christine came on and listed the exact kms for aid stations and SN and which direction.
The athletes guide mentioned the bike SN is 'typically halfway through the bike leg'. It didn't snow anything elsewhere to contradict that. I agree it's boiler plate language but if one is supposed to read the athletes guide one should be able to expect the content to be accurate.
Quote Reply
Re: No IM Canada thread ? [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Point is the info was out there and available. If I read “typically halfway thru” and the spacing was important to me (and it was) I’d do the research. Even with a crappy map it was easy to see that the SN location was not halfway thru.
Quote Reply
Re: No IM Canada thread ? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Point is the info was out there and available. If I read “typically halfway thru” and the spacing was important to me (and it was) I’d do the research. Even with a crappy map it was easy to see that the SN location was not halfway thru.
I read the athletes guide (always) and studied the maps but couldn't make much sense of the route until the athletes briefing. There I learned about the SN locations. So yes, it was out there and communicated but fact remains that a) incorrect information was ALSO communicated; and b) the location not being halfway makes for some of us for more complicated adjustments.

Sorry but facebook groups are never mentioned by WTC as official ways to get your race information and the one or two times that I was ever on a fb IM group they were annoying as hell - every day 5 people starting debates about the wetsuit rules or the weather or asking the dumbest questions over and over again. Good for you if you can tolerate that but again, no WTC communication ever suggested joining a facebook group for up to date race information.
Quote Reply

Prev Next