Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shout out to PowerTap customer service
Quote | Reply
Two weeks before my Ironman my P1s stopped working suddenly. Tried new lithium batteries, bought new battery covers and made sure firmware was up to date, and nothing worked. I called customer service and explained my problem and timing. They asked me to ship mine back to them and upon receipt of my tracking information they sent me a refurbished pair for free. Received them two days later and now I’m all good.

Although I’d expect my then $1,100 pedals to last more than 3 years, PowerTap didn’t hesitate to send me the refurb pair for free despite mine being out of warranty. Clearly they didn’t have to do that and I’m very greatful to them.
Last edited by: Patrick E: Jul 26, 18 11:05
Quote Reply
Re: Shout out to PowerTap customer service [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patrick E wrote:
Two weeks before my Ironman my P1s stopped working suddenly. Tried new lithium batteries, bought new battery covers and made sure firmware was up to date, and nothing worked. I called customer service and explained my problem and timing. They asked me to ship mine back to them and upon receipt of my tracking information they sent me a refurbished pair for free. Received them two days later and now I’m all good.

Although I’d expect my then $1,100 pedals to last more than 3 years, PowerTap didn’t hesitate to send me the refurb pair for free despite mine being out of warranty. Clearly they didn’t have to do that and I’m very greatful to them.

For IM Maryland 2014 I rented a rear Zipp 808 with Powertap from Race Day Wheels, my LYC would not connect to the hub. I contacted customer service they explained that LYC was not compatible with the hub, when I broke out the credit card to pay for a new Joule they rep said no charge and had it sent directly to me hotel.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Patrick E wrote:

Crossing fingers for a similar experience. I have had really good experience with Saris and PT customer service. I had the same thing happen. About 80 miles into one of my last long rides leading into LP a few weeks ago my my P1 started registering very low and at the end of the ride my normally balanced L/R power was all over the map. Replaced the lithium batteries, made sure firmware was up to date, called Saris customer service and they sent me the new battery caps. All for not as the issues continued. Unfortunately by the time these initial steps ended I was a week out from IMLP. I was able to borrow a friends pair for the race which worked fine and my old P1s arrive today with Saris.

Glad it worked out for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They’re great. I was having an issue with a powertap wheel that I bought used.

I sent it to them to repair. They sent me the wheel back with a brand new hub that fit 10/11 speed for no charge.
Quote Reply
Re: Shout out to PowerTap customer service [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same experience. P1 failed one year out of warranty, tried everything with support, new batteries, caps, firmware, but no go. sent the pedals back and got a new (probably refurb) pair for the cost of shipping.
thanks powertap!
Quote Reply
Re: Shout out to PowerTap customer service [jflan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine are 7 months out of warranty and PT is asking for $300 for a refurb pair as the left pedal electronics are shot in mine. Pretty disappointing given my past experience, the experience of this thread, and the fact that I've probably spend an aggregate of $10K on PT products over the years primarily because all prior products have been bulletproof. I'm going back to them to see if they can do more. Otherwise it sounds like the Vector 3's may be a good option and the initial Vector models have had good longevity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, it took a while for them to answer my initial email, but so far so good.
They said it will cost me $100 to $300, but I hope it won't be necessary. Tight budget right now.

I had a friend going to USA so he took the pedals with him to make this faster.
Since we are here, my friend is asking me which company we had to use as mail service to return the PM.
Is there any specific one? UPS, USPS, Fedex or DHL?

Thxx guys
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, not so lucky as some folks.
They said that my problem was detected (ldo) and a complete overhaul of the bearings would fix it.
So I was charged $175.
Not ideal, but I can deal with it.
Move on.
Quote Reply