Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hoka Clifton to Nike Zoom Fly SP [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDJ wrote:
There is a big difference and it’s really up to you.

Midsole - Zoom Fly is Lunarlon or EVA based foam. The 4% and SP are pbax - The pbax will feel alive, the Lunarlon does not.

Upper - Zoom Fly is fliyknit with Flywire - More secure fit through the midfoot, slightly more structure in the toe box. The 4% and SP simply have much less structure.

Results - I don’t know anyone that has used both and preferred the Zoom Fly over the 4%.

Thanks Dave, Does the fly sp have more support/heavier than the 4%? I don't think the 4% would be quite enough shoe for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton to Nike Zoom Fly SP [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say yes the SP is more supportive than the 4%. The Lunarlon midsole and that upper combined make the difference.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My size 11 Peg Turbos should be delivered tomorrow. Most expensive athletic shoes I’ve ever bought.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton to Nike Zoom Fly SP [Joelbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joelbob wrote:

My work shows a fairly large shift happening. To the original question my data says, use the Clifton for most of your training. Use the Vapor Fly SP or Vapor Fly 4% on your faster run days and in your race.

I like this combo/direction but Dave how do you think the Turbo Pegasus fits into this? Sounds like it is softer and more durable without the plate. Does that mean with no plate not as fast?[/quote]
Peg Turbo is a great speed training shoe. Great for workout days and tempo days. Also a great every day trainer. Outsole is significantly more durable than the Vaporfly and has better traction on wet surfaces. Midsole remains significantly more responsive than traditional foams even as you rack up the miles.

If you wanted one shoe to train and race in, I'd give no hesitation to recommend the Turbos. If you can afford the Vaporfly, it is even more responsive, but really is a race day and key workouts only shoe due to durability of outsole.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDJ wrote:
I would say yes the SP is more supportive than the 4%. The Lunarlon midsole and that upper combined make the difference.

Previous, you said SP midsole is pbax and zoom fly is Lunarlon? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton to Nike Zoom Fly SP [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
My size 11 Peg Turbos should be delivered tomorrow. Most expensive athletic shoes I’ve ever bought.

Let us know what you think - my SMS never came so I missed out on the early buy.

Also, what have you been running in so far, and what size?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton to Nike Zoom Fly SP [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been in regular pegs for the last 7 years. Size 11.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton to Nike Zoom Fly SP [mdtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zoom Fly and SP share the same midsole. The Upper on the Zoom Fly is fairly standard running shoe upper. The upper on the SP is out on the radical edge of what they can do for breathability on a running shoe.

The Vapor Fly 4% is the only shoe with. The Pegasus Turbo now has it too.

If I referred to the SP as having Pbax I apologize.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting...Zoom Vomero being used by Gwen Jorgensen for long training runs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwjjXD04Mo8

Also how she refers to long runs and referring to runs on the track as workouts.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton to Nike Zoom Fly SP [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Help please

I wear an 11.5 in Nike Shox.

Think that would be the proper size for zoom sp and the new Pegasus?
Quote Reply
Re: Hoka Clifton to Nike Zoom Fly SP [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a couple runs in mine. Im not sure they feel that much quicker than my Reacts (maybe?) But what is for sure noticeable is how much less my legs felt beat up at the end of a hard workout (was running 5x 1mile @ 5k pace , with some walking recovery between).

Also, how bout this : our chicanery said this was coming on an old thread, but someone found a listing online for the standard Zoom Fly with React foam (instead of the current lunarlon).

Quote Reply

Prev Next