BLeP wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
America has always been great.

True

jkca1 wrote:
It is the best country in the world,

False

jkca1 wrote:
which is why people literally die trying to get in.

Well, it's the closest great country. Otherwise they might pick a different one.

What country is better? Do not say Canada.

Canada.

As long as you didn't say it as you typed it.

We are going to need a definition of best to actually answer the question. I'm pretty fond of the US. But every country has it's issues and the vast majority of people in the US know nothing about any other country so they have no frame of reference to have any idea where the US ranks.

My .02 says you vote for your favorite country with your feet. If you don't love where you are at and are free to travel, it would be stupid not to leave. I have traveled extensively and after seeing a lot of beautiful places, and a few dogs, I think the US has more to offer than anywhere else.

But that isn't how it works at all. I live in Columbus, OH. It isn't the best city in the US by far. It is tolerable and I have family in Ohio. Never in a million years would I say it is best by any measure.

The vast majority of people live where they grew up. That isn't based on anywhere being 'best.'

Ask that same vast majority what country is better than the U.S and what would they say?

My hunch, is that they would agree the US is best. But it's just a hunch so let's just agree to disagree. I am curious as to what country you think is the best?

Wait... so we can just go and live in any country we want? Cool. Does that also apply to Guatemalans who want to live in the US?

As for which country is "best," the US only just made the top 10...
https://www.cnbc.com/...-world-in-2019-.html

You're biased.

Yes, there is an immigration process for Guatemalans who want to live in the US...

"Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of Guatemala at the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala City.
To apply for an immigrant visa, a foreign citizen seeking to immigrate generally must be sponsored by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident immediate relative(s), or prospective U.S. employer, and have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa. "

Also, I have been to 7 of those countries listed and although they were nice, they weren't better than the US. In fact, I would say countries like Japan, that are homogeneous, miss out by not living with people from other cultures. Would you agree?

Man, your mind is going to be blown when you find out that there are laws in those same sections of code allowing people to get asylum and TPS in the right circumstances when they come from a country that is not yet great.

Me? Kay's mind must have EXPLODED! She got her wish.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Is America Great Again yet? [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
America has always been great. It is the best country in the world,

Curious in how you determine that?

People aren't dying to get into America because it's so great as much as they are dying to get out of the economic condition in their country.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Jun 19, 19 18:20
Quote Reply
Re: Is America Great Again yet? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

People aren't dying to get into America because it's so great as much as they are dying to get out of the economic condition in their country.

So I now ask you what is the best country in the world?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
j p o wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
j p o wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
j p o wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
America has always been great.

True

jkca1 wrote:
It is the best country in the world,

False

jkca1 wrote:

Well, it's the closest great country. Otherwise they might pick a different one.

What country is better? Do not say Canada.

Canada.

As long as you didn't say it as you typed it.

We are going to need a definition of best to actually answer the question. I'm pretty fond of the US. But every country has it's issues and the vast majority of people in the US know nothing about any other country so they have no frame of reference to have any idea where the US ranks.

My .02 says you vote for your favorite country with your feet. If you don't love where you are at and are free to travel, it would be stupid not to leave. I have traveled extensively and after seeing a lot of beautiful places, and a few dogs, I think the US has more to offer than anywhere else.

But that isn't how it works at all. I live in Columbus, OH. It isn't the best city in the US by far. It is tolerable and I have family in Ohio. Never in a million years would I say it is best by any measure.

The vast majority of people live where they grew up. That isn't based on anywhere being 'best.'

Ask that same vast majority what country is better than the U.S and what would they say?

My hunch, is that they would agree the US is best. But it's just a hunch so let's just agree to disagree. I am curious as to what country you think is the best?

Wait... so we can just go and live in any country we want? Cool. Does that also apply to Guatemalans who want to live in the US?

As for which country is "best," the US only just made the top 10...
https://www.cnbc.com/...-world-in-2019-.html

You're biased.

Yes, there is an immigration process for Guatemalans who want to live in the US...

"Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of Guatemala at the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala City.
To apply for an immigrant visa, a foreign citizen seeking to immigrate generally must be sponsored by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident immediate relative(s), or prospective U.S. employer, and have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa. "

Also, I have been to 7 of those countries listed and although they were nice, they weren't better than the US. In fact, I would say countries like Japan, that are homogeneous, miss out by not living with people from other cultures. Would you agree?

Man, your mind is going to be blown when you find out that there are laws in those same sections of code allowing people to get asylum and TPS in the right circumstances when they come from a country that is not yet great.

Me? Kay's mind must have EXPLODED! She got her wish.

I'm pretty aware of immigration and asylum laws here and elsewhere. Based on what you said above it seems it's you that isn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Is America Great Again yet? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

wait, there's no way the UK is going to stay in the top 10 after these fuckwits drag us through this interminable balls-up of Brexit.
Quote Reply
Re: Is America Great Again yet? [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

wait, there's no way the UK is going to stay in the top 10 after these fuckwits drag us through this interminable balls-up of Brexit.

Thanks for the laugh. I am sure someone will find a chart to prove you wrong. ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I now ask you what is the best country in the world?[/quote]
The best country in the world is the country you were raised in and where your family is from.

It also depends on the criteria you use and where you live, could anyone living in the inner city of any U. S city say that is a better place to live than a small mountain town in Switzerland? I couldn’t think of a worse place to live than the poor ghettos of Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee etc., etc.

I’ve lived and worked for at least a year in Canada, US, Bermuda, Philippines and Thailand and travelled extensively and I’d pick any European country, NZ. Australia and Canada over the U. S because I have a 14 year old daughter and think the U.S is too violent and too divisive.

But I would pick the U.S over any country in Asia, Africa, Central or South America.

That’s my answer...
Quote Reply

Prev Next