Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Jul 16, 18 21:59
Re: "did you know dad had a stroke?"..... Unexpected questions for 100 please alex [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But yeah, those responsible children have to make money traveling the world so that they are able to afford sticking their parents into the utmost best long term care facility...the sooner the better.

Sometimes they just have to make money so they can pay the bills and feed their kids. We're supposedly coming into the first generation that is worse off financially than their parents. Not everyone who lives too far away from their parents to babysit them is doing so because they're jetting around making big wads of cash and sipping umbrella drinks in various foreign beach bars.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: "did you know dad had a stroke?"..... Unexpected questions for 100 please alex [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
j p o wrote:
My 92 year old dad took himself to the hospital for a blood clot in his lung. Spent the night. Told us about it several days later. Said he didn't want to worry anyone.

He has had a couple and knew the symptoms. Told the ER doc when he got there what the problem was.

That's all nice and good and great for him that he still is so self-sufficient and has his life under control.

My oldest brother lives a quarter mile down the road. Drove past his house to get to the hospital.

We weren't exactly happy with him. He 'knew what the problem was. But really he didn't. Could have easily been something worse and none of us would have known.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. You're a c££t.

You have no idea about individuals circumstances. Nor how they manage them and with respect to "blaming my parents for not taking care of themselves". No, I don't do that, what I do blame them for, which has nothing to do with where I am, is failing to call a fucking ambulance...........

I appreciate you are just trolling, but you do come off as a c&&t.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
j p o wrote:
My 92 year old dad took himself to the hospital for a blood clot in his lung. Spent the night. Told us about it several days later. Said he didn't want to worry anyone.

He has had a couple and knew the symptoms. Told the ER doc when he got there what the problem was.

That's all nice and good and great for him that he still is so self-sufficient and has his life under control.

But most cases here, this doesn't seem to be the case, and it sure looks like the children blame their (somewhat helpless) aging parents for not taking better care of themselves.
Or they dump the responsibility onto on siblings who live closer, all while prioritizing personal wealth and world travel over their parents needs and daily well being.

It really boggles my mind how people come up with excuses not to take care (and no, I do not mean financially) of their parents, who clearly need their children's presence, counsel, support and help.

But yeah, those responsible children have to make money traveling the world so that they are able to afford sticking their parents into the utmost best long term care facility...the sooner the better.
Takes care of the problem without actually having to be dealing with it personally, and surely is the right thing to do.

Blech.....

Why don't you go eat a bag of hot dogshit, perhaps it will prevent you from talking about people and circumstances you know nothing about.
Quote Reply

Prev Next