Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pry my bacon from my cold dead hands...
Quote | Reply
Company bans meat at company events and won’t reimburse employees for meat based meals.

All I know is that when I went through a two year vegan phase, travelling was a bitch. Yay, French fries for dinner!!

https://money.cnn.com/...-meat-ban/index.html

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Pry my bacon from my cold dead hands... [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s cool.

They can run their business however they want.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the restaurants can list steaks on receipts as "Processed grain patty"
Quote Reply
Re: Pry my bacon from my cold dead hands... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
That’s cool.

Yep and ruin it too!

Article says the company is 6,000 employees (is that still considered a startup?) I'm assuming most don't travel but I'm sure their salespeople do. Nothing like taking a potential client to lunch then telling them to buy their own steak, that will really close the sale!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of douchebag wants to impose his dietary preferences on all his employees?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vegan seems to involve a lot of tofu or some other soybean base from what I have found, having been veggie for over a decade and now no longer. What if the person has allergies to soy? I can see if they want to host a company picnic this way, but when you have to travel for work, options may be limited?

What is next? Employer doesn't believe in blood transfusions so they won't offer health insurance that covers such treatment. Oh wait, we are already more than halfway there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone that would work at one of these places is out of their fucking minds:

"Failed startup Juicero reportedly required employees to eat only at vegan restaurants while traveling if they wanted to be reimbursed. Employees at the smart drug startup Nootrobox engage in intermittent fasting each Tuesday."

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Pry my bacon from my cold dead hands... [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Anyone that would work at one of these places is out of their fucking minds:

"Failed startup Juicero reportedly required employees to eat only at vegan restaurants while traveling if they wanted to be reimbursed. Employees at the smart drug startup Nootrobox engage in intermittent fasting each Tuesday."

Failed startup...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Pry my bacon from my cold dead hands... [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
What kind of douchebag wants to impose his dietary preferences on all his employees?

The same kind that wants to impose their religion on all their employees. Think Hobby Lobby and Chick-Fil-a.

Fortunately, there are other places to work and shop, so no big deal, but if this keeps going this direction that could change. Hopefully not in my lifetime.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I could still bill seafood I wonder how many lobster dinners I could expense before it gets added to the list. This is absolutely crazy to me that they can control what you eat when you are traveling, I don't have a problem with picking menu choices for company events but seems over the top for travel as well.

Not that I'll be working for them anytime soon anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Pry my bacon from my cold dead hands... [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
That is soo unpatriotic.

Now more than ever do we ALL (and especially American enterprises) need to step up and eat the meat, so that we can MAGA:

https://www.wsj.com/...orts-slow-1532268000

Meanwhile in the low income neighborhoods of my town, domestic pet cats go missing at an alarming rate.

That's a lot of meat...maybe it's all these crossfit people?
Quote Reply
Re: Pry my bacon from my cold dead hands... [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
The same kind that wants to impose their religion on all their employees. Think Hobby Lobby and Chick-Fil-a.

Fortunately, there are other places to work and shop, so no big deal, but if this keeps going this direction that could change. Hopefully not in my lifetime.
How do Hobby Lobby and Chick Fil A impose their religion on employees?
Quote Reply
Re: Pry my bacon from my cold dead hands... [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:

I'm going to assume that is a legitimate question.

see Burell v. Hobby Lobby

and

Chick Fil A Same Sex Marriage, although in this case it wasn't actually its employees and they did change their policy, so I probably shouldn't have included them in my post.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Pry my bacon from my cold dead hands... [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
Perseus wrote:

I'm going to assume that is a legitimate question.

see Burell v. Hobby Lobby

and

Chick Fil A Same Sex Marriage, although in this case it wasn't actually its employees and they did change their policy, so I probably shouldn't have included them in my post.

To suggest either of the above companies are imposing their religion on their employees is simply not true. The media's narrative around Hobby Lobby was intentionally deceitful. Hobby Lobby provides 16 out of 20 most common forms of birth control for their employees. They did not want to be forced to provide birth control, like Plan B, that kills a fertilized egg. If Plan B is very important to an employee it can be purchased at Wal-Mart for less than $50 or for free at Planned Parenthood.

A similar smear job took place on Chic-fil-A's CEO Dan Cathy. As an individual Cathy said he supports traditional marriage. The liberal media freaked out and suggested the company he runs discriminates against gay people. What the majority of the media did not cover was how Cathy reached out to a gay critic and they became friends despite their differences.
Quote Reply
Re: Pry my bacon from my cold dead hands... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
That’s cool.

It's only a matter time before the Democrats decide this would be a righteous change to the U.S. tax code: Meals that include meat cannot be declared as a business expense [unless it's sold at Starbucks and bought by limousine liberals].
Quote Reply