Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Would you rather be ultra wealthy or Ironman World Champion? [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Broken Leg Guy wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
Broken Leg Guy wrote:
It would help a little to have ultra wealthy defined with a number but I’ll still take the money.

As I stated in my first response, it’s not all about me but rather the things you can do and influence for others that makes it a simple choice. You can help massive amounts of people with ultra wealth.

The $$$ amount is set at 15 mill in Dan's poll question, which should be on the right side of your web page on Page 1, 2, etc.

I hadn’t seen that. The original post did not define it. It makes the decision a little tougher because $15 mil while a lot is not in my opinion ultra-wealthy. I’m still taking the coin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_high-net-worth_individual

Quote Reply
Re: Would you rather be ultra wealthy or Ironman World Champion? [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to take a slowtwitch break for 6 months to come back to see this type of post never dies.
Quote Reply
Re: Would you rather be ultra wealthy or Ironman World Champion? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:
You keep digging yourself deeper. In most cases when you make a statement saying “you’re all idiots” and apply it to a large number of people you should really be pointing the finger at yourself. Just apologize and move on.

So I should hypothetically apologize to some hypothetical people about their hypothetical choices? Consider it done.

While the choice is hypothetical, the people are not but rather are living, flesh and blood people.

Okay. Find me the real people that choose the ability over $50,000,000 and I will send them a nice apology note for calling them names.
^ Look... I can retort all day. See what I did there.
It's funny how a bunch of fictional horseshit can get some of you so worked up. Lighten up people. Jeepers creepers some of you take things so seriously.
Fuck, I don't even remember what I'm arguing about anymore. I'm just doing it just to do it. I just like making some of you nuts on occasion. My wife said I missed my true calling as an attorney because I can argue about anything with anyone for any amount of time.
In reality, I do think someone is off their rocker for not taking a guaranteed fortune but I don't really care too much about it. I made one flippant and hyperbolic statement that for some reason got a few of you riled up and I kept this dopey thread alive for a few days.
Now I got some real work to do so leave me alone. :-)

Now you're just back-pedaling and trying to say you didn't mean anything in your 11 or 12 responses to those who disagreed. I think this "fictional horse-sh*t" got you pretty worked up. And, as to "finding the real people who choose the ability over 50 million", well, actually, they are all right here on the forum. Yes, believe it or not, Dan does employ a bunch of actors to play on these threads, but rather we are all real people typing on our keyboards.

This may be a "dopey thread" but in reality i think it touches on the crucial question of what we value most, what we're willing to dedicate our whole being towards. IMO, this is not a trivial question.

"What do you want more than anything in the world??? Do you money??? Do you want sex??? Or do you want all of that success???" The Men, "Church of Logic, Sin, and Love", 1992.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply

Prev Next